The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

Realplayer Problems

(7 posts)
  • Started 4 years ago by Shieldwolf2012
  • Latest reply from Shieldwolf2012
  • Topic Viewed 868 times

Shieldwolf2012

1st of all I read the article in HTG alternatives http://www.howtogeek.com/howto.....ternative/
And my problem is a little different. I have several media players; Windows media player, real player SP gold (Yes I paid for the upgrade) and Winamp pro (yes I paid for the upgrade) PC satellite TV (paid for that one too) TV2 you and several others not installed. I even signed up and paid for Satellite TV for PC Service and all I got was a list of software that I could have gotten on my own search and a bunch or direct sports channels like horse racing that you need to subscribe to and I don’t watch. All of which offer thousands of selections from around the world to watch 99% of which don't connect or wont' work with any of the aforementioned software. All I'm trying to do is watch news or International TV from my computer without having to buy a satellite dish (I don't even own a TV) I'm willing to pay for the service and/or software but I would think that some of these programs already installed would work.
the real player loads the (i.e. movie) but the sound and picture don't sync. -- I've been with their tech support over and over to no avail. I even got the AVS conversion video and audio programs to see if I could to it that way and watch them in a different program; no luck I need help here.
Running Windows 7 Home premium on a Toshiba satellite desktop (Brand new) with dual core 8m RAM and two external HDD/s 1 TB Each My ISP is a WIMAX 4G network by Clear/clear365. Any help would certainly be appreciated.

Posted 4 years ago

LH

For watching TV, there are loads out there,
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto.....online-tv/
http://blogs.howtogeek.com/mys.....ith-anytv/
http://blogs.howtogeek.com/mys.....tvuplayer/
for example.

Posted 4 years ago

Shieldwolf2012

Well Thanx LH. Already have the TVUPlayer and have trouble with it too. I'll try the other 2 you recommended and get back to you

Posted 4 years ago

Shieldwolf2012

AnyTV worked OK on some channels - But most wouldn't connect I realize not everybody in the world broadcasts 24/7 and that's ok but it limits my options. Having said that I loaded a local channel and it came in fine. I loaded BBC and it said outdated please change your bookmarks (Which you can't do within the program Even if you knew the new address.) Then I tired CCTV (From China) I tried cctv4 (English Language News 24/7 and cctv9 Movies) 4 said connecting and ready but if you hit play it doesn't do anything - 9 loaded but like so many other ones i've tried during this adventure I get constant bufferring and dont know where to load the entire broadcast buffer on streaming video. I Dl'd the Codec Pack and it only half installed said the other Codecs were incompatible.

Then I tried online TV and it said the list was outdated and if I wanted an updated list I'd have to purchase the liscense for $29.00 Which I would do if I could be assured the program would do what I wanted but after all the money i've spent by now I'm a little gun shy about forking over more $$$ for something that won't work on my machine.

The buffering problem is a problem even on other apps anf pgms I tried so I'm not sure if I have a problem with my own system settings, if my ISP is just slower than I thought although it's pretty fast. I do regular downloads of programs at about 100kbs but it has been known to slow down to 40 but it has laso been as high as 700 depending upon the antenna of the 4G modem. so i'll keep plugging away at it until I figure it out or You guys offer something that works. You know me I'll try anything, I can install uninstall and if the whole system goes kableweee I have everything backed up and can reload the whole system back to original. from my backup drive or online backup service, Thanks again

Posted 4 years ago

Shieldwolf2012

PS After every install I reboot just to make sure evrything loads properly and Windows can change any conflicts it might need to.

Posted 4 years ago

Shieldwolf2012

I ended up dowload the latest version of TVU Player and it works I can get the channels fine but the buffering problem is still a major hassle. Even if I go to the main website i.e. BBC CCTV ABC and watch the live feed from there I get the buffering problem takes literally 10 mins to get 1 minute of broadcasting then it rebuffers

Posted 4 years ago

Shieldwolf2012

I downloaded Speedbit's video Accelerator seems to help a lot == I'll let you know if the issue is absolutly resolved after more testing

Posted 4 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.