How-To Geek Forums / Off Topic

Rant: So you don't like Metro?

(4 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by NSDCars5
  • Latest reply from NSDCars5
  • Topic Viewed 487 times

NSDCars5
NSDCars5

Hi! Yes, this is a rant. Many people don't like Metro. They say,"I don't want a 24-inch Windows Phone that can't make calls." Well, what about OSX Mountain Lion? Surely you don't want a 27-inch iPhone (aka iMac) that, again, can't make calls? Or Ubuntu? Except for the small remains of GNOME, the Unity interface is fit for a tablet. And the Start button is still there, in the Charms bar. Unlike Ubuntu, you don't need to change the whole UI for just finding one small, good old thing. Also, I don't think you can revert to Snow Leopard if you've got a Mac with Mountain Lion. In Windows 8, you have **rights** to downgrade to Windows 7 or Vista if you bought your PC with it. The MS Surface will come with 2 **seperate** keyboards, and the iPad doesn't come with even one. You have to buy it seperately. You can buy Windows 8 to install it on anything, as long it's got 1Ghz processor, 1GB RAM, and a 20GB HDD. OSX needs you to have a Mac, or even for Hackintosh, a PC with exactly same specs as an iProduct. Just **get used** to it, and **don't** talk about Windows 9. They'll be removing the Taskbar next. :P

Posted 1 year ago

ProstheticHead
ProstheticHead

So you're complaining about people complaining about Windows 8?

Posted 1 year ago

hatryst
hatryst

What OS do you actually like?!

Posted 1 year ago

NSDCars5
NSDCars5

Yes, I actually am complaining, as there is no reason not to like Windows 8. And I actually like W8. Ubuntu doesn't support half my programs, and I can't afford a Mac. I tried my friend's Mac Mini, and didn't find a reason to like it.

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:

Go check your email!