Random Sound Distortions

(34 posts)
  • Started 4 years ago by Solitary
  • Latest reply from ashizuri
  • Topic Viewed 5202 times

Solitary
Solitary

Good afternoon.
For a while i have been facing a random sound distortion problem. What i mean by random is that it occurs from time to time. It can happen when i am listening to music via iTunes, or watch a youtube video or anything else that has sound.
By distortion i mean a distortion similar when you pull out the head phones from your ipod not completely and the songs get distorted and interrupted. Or it can also be comparable to a bad microphone signal. When you are too far away from the receptor i mean.
It is very annoying and aggravating because i dont seem to be able to find a solution.
If i reinstall Windows,it stops for a while. I dont know if it is cause by the software i have or if it is a hard ware (i do not want to pay 70 dollars to BestBuy to run a diagnostic).
I am running Windows 7 Home Premium on a Gateway NV52 Laptop.

Posted 4 years ago

mickeyblue
mickeyblue

hmmm, try downloading the driver for Win7 for your laptop,
here

it might be a faulty driver. don't be hasty with the diagnostics, be patient, we will find a solution :)

Posted 4 years ago

Solitary
Solitary

Thank you, i will try and let you know:)
the negative part is that since its random, i cant just install the driver, then turn on my itunes and tell you that its all fixed..

Posted 4 years ago

Solitary
Solitary

And I am pretty sure i already tried reinstalling/updating drivers but i will give it a try again =)

Posted 4 years ago

LH
LH

Is it through internal speakers, external speakers, headphones ? Via a soundcard or headphone socket.

Posted 4 years ago

Solitary
Solitary

LH, it does it through the built in speakers, but i also tried plugging in my external sound system ( a 75 watt JVC "music center") via AUX cord. Did the same thing.

Posted 4 years ago

LH
LH

How long does the random distortion last for ?

Posted 4 years ago

Solitary
Solitary

It just keeps going. Like something gets in the way. I get so annoyed that i just turn everything off.
Like last night i tried watching that Ahmed the terrorist comedian on youtube (which is really funny).I just watched like 5 minutes out of 8 because i couldnt take it anymore.

Posted 4 years ago

Solitary
Solitary

I actually let Windows install a driver on its own after i removed the Sound driver i had installed. I will give it some try and see if the problem occurs and then i will write back.

Posted 4 years ago

Solitary
Solitary

ugh it just did it for a split second while Firefox was loading a page. Is there a chance that that could be a reason? I used safari for a bit, but never tried reinstalling firefox yet.

Posted 4 years ago

mickeyblue
mickeyblue

test it while watching a movie, give it a day, if it still persists, post back.... process of elimination is a good way to disolve a problem

Posted 4 years ago

Solitary
Solitary

mickeyblue
will do.

What I dont understand the most is why does it occur so randomly. Since my laptop is still under warranty ( bought in July) i took it to bestbuy for them to just take a look. I looked like such an idion because the geek played itunes, WMP, watched a youtube video and everything was awesome. But the fact is that i would've not taken it there if the night before it wasnt doing it. I got so annoyed that night that i just listened to my ipod rather than music form my laptop.

Posted 4 years ago

Solitary
Solitary

It does that even during watching a movie..

Posted 4 years ago

LH
LH

Is your computer close to a wall, with a fridge or freezer behind it. Is someone using a vacuum cleaner nearby. Microwave oven. anything like that ?

Posted 4 years ago

Solitary
Solitary

Nothing close. A Microwave is good 30 feet away and fridge is even further.

Posted 4 years ago

LH
LH

Umm. The only other external influences I can think of, would be florescent light, power saving lamp, cordless, or mobile/cell phone.
Internally. Maybe the fan.
When it happens again, also look in Task Manager, and see if there are any heavy duty processes running.

Posted 4 years ago

Solitary
Solitary

LH, Its not cell phone for sure cause i thought so too:)

I will look at task manager next time

Posted 4 years ago

Solitary
Solitary

is there a chance that uTorrent could be causing it?

Posted 4 years ago

LH
LH

Is it pushing your CPU or memory usage to maximum ?

Posted 4 years ago

Solitary
Solitary

No, only to like 25k ( when i look at the list of processes), but what i noticed is that higher the speed of donwload, worse the distortions. I tried couple of times and it seems like it affects the sound.

Posted 4 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.