The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

Quick Launch Instructions Path Not Found

(7 posts)
  • Started 4 years ago by DufferGirl
  • Latest reply from germ-x
  • Topic Viewed 682 times

DufferGirl

I've been trying to install the Quick Launch bar to the Taskbar on my new computer (OS/Win7). Had it on my old one and found it very useful. I printed out and followed your instructions, i.e., %userprofile%\AppData\..... etc., but keep getting the error message that the Path Could not be Found and so I cannot proceed further. Clearly I'm doing something wrong. Can you help please?

Posted 4 years ago

germ-x
germ-x

hi DufferGirl, Are putting in "YOUR" user profile? Should be like this.

C:\Users\(DufferGirl)\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch

g-x

Posted 4 years ago

mountainman

This is the one I use

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto.....windows-7/

Posted 4 years ago

DufferGirl

Thanks so much for your reply. I have been putting my computer user name in but that isn't working. It's a brand new compouter. I wonder if I haven't entered my profile correctly. But even so, I would think that my user name would be sufficient. Yes? Further thoughts or thigs to try?

Posted 4 years ago

DufferGirl

Hi Mountain Man,
Thanks for your reply. I've been using the same set of instructions that you suggest. Still no result. I'm still doing something wrong.

Posted 4 years ago

mountainman

Hi DufferGirl Could you list the steps that you take. tell me which one you get stuck on

MM

Posted 4 years ago

germ-x
germ-x

Duffergirl, open windows explorer and scroll down to C"\> then to users> make sure your user name is listed> if so> click on the + sign to open the user folder>then to appdata folder and click on the + sign again> then to roaming folder, click on the + sign again to open this folder> microsoft folder and open this folder. There should be a folder named internet explorer, open it > you should see a folder called quicklaunch> open it and now you should see all your quicklaunch shortcuts as icons. If not you have missed something with your setup. If you see this then look on your desktop next to the time & date on your desktop. This is where the win7 quicklaunch is located by default.

Posted 4 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.