How-To Geek Forums / Off Topic

Question about disability

(7 posts)
  • Started 3 years ago by kake
  • Latest reply from kake
  • Topic Viewed 1394 times

kake
kake

What would be your first thought if you get paralysed?

Posted 3 years ago

hatryst
hatryst

It was intended to be this way. Maybe its a sign of something special being gifted to me. People lacking one or more senses are smarter than normal people. Its a fact (example)
When nature takes something away, it gives back something as well. be optimist, disappointment is the end to everything...

Posted 3 years ago

kake
kake

Hatryst, that´s the right way to think. :) I have Celebral Palsy. I´m able to walk, but I use wheelchair in city and when I´m dancing.

Posted 3 years ago

PUPPYDOG
PUPPYDOG

It would depend how severe, if i can still do things for myself i would cope.
If it was total, like neck down and no movement then i really can't see how i would cope.
I would hate not being to move, eat, wash, wipe my own bum etc on my own without assistance.
I admire people who not only cope but find it within themselves to get on with there life being totally paralised.

Posted 3 years ago

hatryst
hatryst

And you are a nice person with lots of tech knowledge :)

Posted 3 years ago

ProstheticHead
ProstheticHead

Having had my own problems early on in life (childhood epilepsy), I'm now so highly strung I doubt I could cope. If I get a cold it's like the end of the world, I guess you could call it man flu.

But then again, when it happens it's not as if there's anything you can do about it but just get on with life. Life is what you make it.

Posted 3 years ago

kake
kake

I have also had some epilepsy but not anymore :)

Posted 3 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!