(Solved) - quant.js ??

(36 posts)
  • Started 2 years ago by raphoenix
  • Latest reply from raphoenix
  • Topic Viewed 10094 times

raphoenix
raphoenix

quant.js

Anyone know what this script file does ????

Am curently blocking it in cookies and have it isolated.

Not a threat in MSE but not sure what the purpose of this file is ????

Web references are vague.

May be on others systems, don't know ????

Can read the script easily; it just references cookies and such ????

Thanks,

Rick P.

Posted 2 years ago

GuiltySpark
GuiltySpark

Hi Rick,

As far as I'm aware "quant.js" is used in advertising usually, its a kind of tracking script but I could be wrong. :)

Posted 2 years ago

raphoenix
raphoenix

GS,

That's what I thought after editing (looking at) the script.

It might prove interesting for folks to search their machines for the file.

I came upon the subject when I investigated what cookies were loading from what websites yesterday.

Rick P.

Posted 2 years ago

GuiltySpark
GuiltySpark

Trouble is Rick those kinds of scripts I think are also in WordPress which is a necessary part of forum log ins.

Posted 2 years ago

raphoenix
raphoenix

Some are necessary and some just come along for the ride I think??

Am blocking the cookie which appears to activate plus have contained the JS and have not experienced any problems on the net today. That's not to say I won't have trouble down the line somewhere.

Rick P.

Posted 2 years ago

GuiltySpark
GuiltySpark

Incidently how did you go about finding that cookie?

Posted 2 years ago

raphoenix
raphoenix

IE9
Safety Button
Webpage Privacy Policy Editor

Then I began to search ALL computer for key words with ALL files / objects showing.

Of course there are any number of ways to clear all cashes when experimenting.

Posted 2 years ago

GuiltySpark
GuiltySpark

Cheers mate I'm actually using FF4 but when you mentioned WPPE I figured it out and dont have that cookie anyhow. :)

Posted 2 years ago

raphoenix
raphoenix

Here is SCRIPT
=========================
if(!__qc){var __qc={qcdst:function(){if(__qc.qctzoff(0)!=__qc.qctzoff(6))return 1;return 0;},qctzoff:function(m){var d1=new Date(2000,m,1,0,0,0,0);var t=d1.toGMTString();var d3=new Date(t.substring(0,t.lastIndexOf(" ")-1));return d1-d3;},qceuc:function(s){if(typeof(encodeURIComponent)=='function'){return encodeURIComponent(s);}
else{return escape(s);}},qcrnd:function(){return Math.round(Math.random()*2147483647);},qcgc:function(n){var v='';var c=document.cookie;if(!c)return v;var i=c.indexOf(n+"=");var len=i+n.length+1;if(i>-1){var end=c.indexOf(";",len);if(end<0)end=c.length;v=c.substring(len,end);}
return v;},qcdomain:function(){var d=document.domain;if(d.substring(0,4)=="www.")d=d.substring(4,d.length);var a=d.split(".");var len=a.length;if(len<3)return d;var e=a[len-1];if(e.length<3)return d;d=a[len-2]+"."+a[len-1];return d;},qhash2:function(h,s){for(var i=0;i<s.length;i++){h^=s.charCodeAt(i);h+=(h<<1)+(h<<4)+(h<<7)+(h<<8)+(h<<24);}
return h;},qhash:function(s){var h1=0x811c9dc5,h2=0xc9dc5118;var hash1=__qc.qhash2(h1,s);var hash2=__qc.qhash2(h2,s);return(Math.round(Math.abs(hash1*hash2)/65536)).toString(16);},sd:["4dcfa7079941","127fdf7967f31","588ab9292a3f","32f92b0727e5","22f9aa38dfd3","a4abfe8f3e04","18b66bc1325c","958e70ea2f28","bdbf0cb4bbb","65118a0d557","40a1d9db1864","18ae3d985046","3b26460f55d"],qcsc:function(){var s="";var d=__qc.qcdomain();if(__qc.qad==1)return";fpan=u;fpa=";var qh=__qc.qhash(d);for(var i=0;i<__qc.sd.length;i++){if(__qc.sd[i]==qh)return";fpan=u;fpa=";}
var u=document;var a=__qc.qcgc("__qca");if(a.length>0){s+=";fpan=0;fpa="+a;}
else{var da=new Date();a='P0-'+__qc.qcrnd()+'-'+da.getTime();u.cookie="__qca="+a+"; expires=Sun, 18 Jan 2038 00:00:00 GMT; path=/; domain="+d;a=__qc.qcgc("__qca");if(a.length>0){s+=";fpan=1;fpa="+a;}
else{s+=";fpan=u;fpa=";}}
return s;},qcdc:function(n){document.cookie=n+"=; expires=Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:00:01 GMT; path=/; domain="+__qc.qcdomain();},qpxload:function(img){if(img&&typeof(img.width)=="number"&&img.width==3){__qc.qcdc("__qca");}},qcp:function(p,myqo){var s='',a=null;var media='webpage',event='load';if(myqo!=null){for(var k in myqo){if(typeof(k)!='string'){continue;}
if(typeof(myqo[k])!='string'){continue;}
if(k=='qacct'){a=myqo[k];continue;}
s+=';'+k+p+'='+__qc.qceuc(myqo[k]);if(k=='media'){media=myqo[k];}
if(k=='event'){event=myqo[k];}}}
if(typeof a!="string"){if((typeof _qacct=="undefined")||(_qacct.length==0))return'';a=_qacct;}
if(media=='webpage'&&event=='load'){for(var i=0;i<__qc.qpixelsent.length;i++){if(__qc.qpixelsent[i]==a)return'';}
__qc.qpixelsent.push(a);}
if(media=='ad'){__qc.qad=1;}
s=';a'+p+'='+a+s;return s;},qcesc:function(s){return s.replace(/\./g,'%2E').replace(/,/g,'%2C');},qcd:function(o){return(typeof(o)!="undefined"&&o!=null);},qcogl:function(){var m=document.getElementsByTagName('meta');var o='';for(var i=0;i<m.length;i++){if(o.length>=1000)return o;if(__qc.qcd(m[i])&&__qc.qcd(m[i].attributes)&&__qc.qcd(m[i].attributes.property)&&__qc.qcd(m[i].attributes.property.value)&&__qc.qcd(m[i].content)){var p=m[i].attributes.property.value;var c=m[i].content;if(p.length>3&&p.substring(0,3)=='og:'){if(o.length>0)o+=',';var l=(c.length>80)?80:c.length;o+=__qc.qcesc(p.substring(3,p.length))+'.'+__qc.qcesc(c.substring(0,l));}}}
return __qc.qceuc(o);},firepixel:function(qoptions){var e=(typeof(encodeURIComponent)=='function')?"n":"s";var r=__qc.qcrnd();var sr='',qo='',qm='',url='',ref='',je='u',ns='1';var qocount=0;__qc.qad=0;if(typeof __qc.qpixelsent=="undefined"){__qc.qpixelsent=new Array();}
if(typeof qoptions!="undefined"&&qoptions!=null){__qc.qopts=qoptions;for(var k in __qc.qopts){if(typeof(__qc.qopts[k])=='string'){qo=__qc.qcp("",__qc.qopts);break;}else if(typeof(__qc.qopts[k])=='object'&&__qc.qopts[k]!=null){++qocount;qo+=__qc.qcp("."+qocount,__qc.qopts[k]);}}}else if(typeof _qacct=="string"){qo=__qc.qcp("",null);}
if(qo.length==0)return;var ce=(navigator.cookieEnabled)?"1":"0";if(typeof navigator.javaEnabled!='undefined')je=(navigator.javaEnabled())?"1":"0";if(typeof _qmeta!="undefined"&&_qmeta!=null){qm=';m='+__qc.qceuc(_qmeta);_qmeta=null;}
if(self.screen){sr=screen.width+"x"+screen.height+"x"+screen.colorDepth;}
var d=new Date();var dst=__qc.qcdst();var qs='http';if(window.location.protocol=='https:'){qs+='s';}
qs+="://pixel.quantserve.com";var fp=__qc.qcsc();if(window.location&&window.location.href)url=__qc.qceuc(window.location.href);if(window.document&&window.document.referrer)ref=__qc.qceuc(window.document.referrer);if(self==top)ns='0';var ogl=__qc.qcogl();var img=new Image();img.alt="";img.src=qs+'/pixel'+';r='+r+fp+';ns='+ns+';url='+url+';ref='+ref+';ce='+ce+';je='+je+';sr='+sr+';enc='+e+';ogl='+ogl+';dst='+dst+';et='+d.getTime()+';tzo='+d.getTimezoneOffset()+qo+qm;img.onload=function(){__qc.qpxload(img);}},quantserve:function(){if(typeof _qevents=='undefined'){_qevents=[];}
if(typeof _qoptions!="undefined"&&_qoptions!=null){__qc.firepixel(_qoptions);_qoptions=null;}else if(!_qevents.length&&typeof _qacct!="undefined"){__qc.firepixel(null);}
if(!__qc.evts){for(var k in _qevents){__qc.firepixel(_qevents[k]);}
_qevents={push:function(){var a=arguments;for(var i=0;i<a.length;i++){__qc.firepixel(a[i]);}}};__qc.evts=1;}}};}
function quantserve(){__qc.quantserve();}
quantserve();

Posted 2 years ago

GuiltySpark
GuiltySpark

Is that taken from HTG source code??

Posted 2 years ago

raphoenix
raphoenix

NO is the quant.js code.

See info that the JS transmits.

quantserve.com has something to do with this process but not sure how or what they do??

Posted 2 years ago

GuiltySpark
GuiltySpark

Quantserve are also in this thread/forum source code, as I said before I think its to do with the user log in/wordpress id I shall log out and see if it still appears. :)

Edit :

Tis the same before and after :

Posted 2 years ago

GuiltySpark
GuiltySpark

I definately think its to do with log in function, having checked another site that doesnt use a log in feature cannot find any quantserve type of script :

http://upchucky.org/music-room.htm

Check for yourself if you like, HTG does use advertising though and I'm not sure if the above has any.

Posted 2 years ago

raphoenix
raphoenix

Here is Tag in HTG Source View. Had to Edit < > so could post.

<!-- Start Quantcast tag -->
<script type="text/javascript">
_qoptions={
qacct:"p-306sOjcgY0NWo"
};
</script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://edge.quantserve.com/quant.js"></script>
<noscript>
img src="http://pixel.quantserve.com/pixel/p-306sOjcgY0NWo.gif" style="display: none;" border="0" height="1" width="1" alt="Quantcast"/
</noscript>
<!-- End Quantcast tag -->

Posted 2 years ago

GuiltySpark
GuiltySpark

If you try to go to http://pixel.quantserve.com/pi.....gY0NWo.gif it gets flagged by WOT (RED Zone)

Same with http://edge.quantserve.com/quant.js

Strange!!!

EDIT :

May have found the answer : http://www.ozzu.com/website-de.....96739.html

Posted 2 years ago

raphoenix
raphoenix

I think it is a part of this service.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantserve

Posted 2 years ago

GuiltySpark
GuiltySpark

LOL Yea thats what I got above in a round about kind of way. :D

Posted 2 years ago

doctordeere
doctordeere

http://www.quantcast.com/learn.....easurement

Tracking has come a long way.

Posted 2 years ago

raphoenix
raphoenix

Quantserve is like Google Analytics, to attract advertisers, as they see your public validated traffic rank and have some idea of the type and number of visitors they might be advertising to.........................

Posted 2 years ago

GuiltySpark
GuiltySpark

Nice find doctordeere :)

Posted 2 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!