The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows Vista

PS2 usb adapter problem

(5 posts)
  • Started 6 years ago by procyonone
  • Latest reply from Antman
  • Topic Viewed 4912 times

procyonone

I have a usb adapter that allows you to plug two ps2 controllers into the pc via a usb socket. I bought it from play.com a while ago and it worked fine with Windows XP. I bought a new computer with Windows Vista and this is the first time i have tried to use the adapter and i am having problems getting Vista to detect the controllers. The adapter was detected okay and auto-installed without a problem but when you plug a controller into the adapter the controller is not detected and you can't add it through the control panel game controllers menu is empty. Any ideas how to fix this?

Posted 6 years ago

procyonone

I am still having no luck. Anyone else with this problem?

Posted 6 years ago

Antman
Antman

Did you check the manufacturer's website for Vista drivers yet?

Posted 6 years ago

procyonone

I can't seem to find out who manufactured the Playstation 2 joypad adapter. On the front it says play.com and on the back it says Model No. JS-909A, Made in China. Last time i checked play.com don't manufacture any items just sell them.

Posted 6 years ago

Antman
Antman

I've had a look and I can't find any drivers for that JS-909A other than this one:

http://members.driverguide.com.....rid=131207

This is probably the one you get with the device though. Sorry buddy.

Just in case you decide to buy another adapter instead of going back to XP, I use the Elecom JC-PS101U which I bought when I was in Tokyo and it works fine on Vista. It only supports one joypad but the JC-PS102U is the two joypad version and I think that would also work.

Sorry I couldn't be any more help. Vista continues to confound me.

Posted 6 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.