Programs you CAN live without - ALTERNATIVES

(27 posts)
  • Started 5 years ago by InDiSent
  • Latest reply from Aleeve
  • Topic Viewed 1810 times

Aleeve

Yes I agree - my laptop is 15.4"

I'll remove that then

Is it worth keeping eSecurity and the like?

I never use half of these, just I'm not sure what they're doing in the background, and whether I will need these at some point...

Posted 5 years ago

drifta

no there is no rela need for them, especially since u have other programs that are doing similar jobs

Posted 5 years ago

raphoenix

Whewwwww !!!!
Can't tell how much of that "stuff" is starting in the background and personally don't understand how the machine can even function. Talk about a reason for a Clean Install, one need not look any further for an example. :) :)

Posted 5 years ago

JadeEmperor

@Aleeve

instead of removing them and later finding out that you need 'em, disable 'em instead, reboot, and see if your laptop still works. then do the same for the rest doing it one at a time and listing down those you disabled. later on, you could do a fresh, clean install without those bloatware that you listed.

Posted 5 years ago

InDiSent

I have an Acer laptop too and you don't need any of it. The only thing i kept was the Acer Launch Manager and the E-settings Management.
The Launch manager let's you use and program the quick launch keys.
The E-Settings Management gives you a lot of good system information. Granted it's all info you could get without it, but it's nice to have it in one place.

I tried running Vista on the lappy, but it just ran way too hot. I've got XP on it now, but it seems like Acer's just run hot. My touchpad and the area around it get really hot to the touch and you definitely couldn't keep it on your lap for very long. Overall i love the lappy, but i would get a Dell next time. Those run way cooler compared to this Acer.

Posted 5 years ago

bcolin

aleeve on your screenshots there is the program acer crystal eye webcam with a camcorder icon ? what is it ?

indeed some unneeded stuff :)

Posted 5 years ago

Aleeve

The camcorder icon I cannot work out :(

There is nothing that I can find relating to that

the other one is for the webcam

Posted 5 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.