How-To Geek Forums / Apple / OS X

Problems with MacOS 10.4.10 after upgrade

(4 posts)
  • Started 7 years ago by macman
  • Latest reply from macman
  • Topic Viewed 2268 times

macman
macman

Is anyone else having problems after the upgrade to MacOS 10.4.10?

When I print from Mail, everything prints in a centered, single, one character wide column. So a 40 character email becomes 3 pages of output.

Also, my network performance is flaky. Some sites that were blazing fast now take so long to connect to that they time out (I can use my Ubuntu box and the site is fine). Other sites work just fine.

I have searched around and found numerous issues with 10.4.10 but not my issues. I have rebooted, cleared caches, check permissions, etc.

Thoughts?

Posted 7 years ago

supermansghost
supermansghost

I've not had any of these issues with 10.4.10... seems like a lot of very different problems.

The network thing, you should check to make sure your DNS settings are correct... maybe there's some old cached dns information somewhere?

From mail, that's very odd.

Posted 7 years ago

MrLinux
MrLinux

If you print from another native Cocoa application (like TextEdit), do you have the same formatting issues?

The networking thing is really odd. Are you using the default Apple networking hardware or some sort of third-party card?

Posted 7 years ago

macman
macman

Networking:
Well, fixing permissions and clearing caches thru Safari didn't work (DNS was fine). But a good scrubbing with Cocktail seemed to do the trick!

Printing:
The problem is only with Mail! Everything else works perfectly. I am printing to an OfficeJet and I have reloaded the HP drivers but with no change on printing. It isn't killing me (I just print email from Ubuntu) but I would like to get it fixed.

Posted 7 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.