The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Apple / OS X

Problems with Epson RX580 printer

(2 posts)
  • Started 5 years ago by fortytwo
  • Latest reply from fortytwo
  • Topic Viewed 2757 times

fortytwo

i have an Epson Stylus Photo RX580 printer/scanner that has been giving me problems recently. The unit works well but is inflexible and not exactly user-friendly.

Because the ink cartridges are expensive (nearly a hundred dollars to buy all six) and very small (not to mention i hardly ever have need of color printing, and i have a b&w laser printer at my disposal) i stopped using it after the first set of ink cartridges were emptied. now, however, i find that i have need of the scanner, and i cant use it. I have used it between now and when the ink ran out, but somehow the printer got put into 'memory card mode' (there are three modes - copy, memory card and specialty print) and i think that it has to be in copy mode to use the scanner. unfortunately, i cant change modes because there is a modal dialog on the screen telling me to replace the ink cartridges.

my question: is there a way that i could directly interface with the printer (i.e. through terminal, or maybe physically) to reset the printer or change the print mode?

thanks for your time,
fortytwo

Posted 5 years ago

fortytwo

not to come across as too impatient, but i would like to fix this as soon as possible, if it is possible.

please help if you can '~'

Posted 5 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:

Go check your email!