The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows XP

Problems with Dual OS

(5 posts)
  • Started 6 years ago by youngrogue03
  • Latest reply from Viper182
  • Topic Viewed 1407 times

youngrogue03

I am now running XP on my Vista computer(HP Slimline Desktop). it won't recognize my wireless card and i can't get my internet to work. How to I fix this?

Posted 6 years ago

taybay
taybay

Make sure you have the driver installed for your wireless card and your broadband controller. If you did that and it's still not working, then you may be out of luck due to incompatible hardware.

Posted 6 years ago

Viper182
Viper182

well what i did to find drivers for the xp side of my dual boot system was go to google and type in the model number follow by xp drivers. A lot of ppl don't know is that hp will have computers with the same exact hardware but different model numbers because the OS is different. If you can give me the model number i can do the search for you. Look on the "Microsoft Genuine" sticker and it will be on there. An example of this is my laptop is a HP Pavilion dv6000 but my model number is dv408nr.

Posted 6 years ago

Ragnark

Yo Viper , help me out. I have the same problem with connecting to the internet. I was able to find a wireless driver that worked for my HP laptop from intel.com but do i still need any other driver to get the internet working. I will test this. BUt can u say im searching the right website for my driver for intel? Would this be my model number and can u provide a search too to help me - Model:HP dv6335us

Posted 6 years ago

Viper182
Viper182

yea dv6335us is your model number, now what i did was google my model number followed by xp drivers. It took a while to find it but in the end i was worth it. See the only difference in my laptop and the one i downloaded drivers for was the model number b/c mine was released with windows vista. I hope this helps also sry for the long wait time on the reply

Posted 6 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!