How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

Problem with Sound Drivers

(9 posts)
  • Started 4 years ago by Gatsu
  • Latest reply from ScottW
  • Topic Viewed 897 times

Gatsu

Hello everybody!

I just installed Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit on my Acer aspire 6930G but i having some problems getting the sound going.

I went into (se link in the end)

and downloaded the "Audio_Realtek_v6.0.1.5704" driver. The driver didn't work so i went into Realteks homepage and downloaded the latest diver for windows 7. I finally got some sound but not the proper sound.

Acer aspire got Dolby Home theater so the sound is suppose to be much deeper and better. dont think the subwoofer is in use..

What drivers should i use or what should i do to get the correct sound going through my speakers...

Thankyou

http://support.acer-euro.com/d....._6930.html

Posted 4 years ago

ScottW
ScottW

Gatsu, hello. Do you know which RealTek chip is in the system? Acer's product description and support site don't mention a specific model of RealTek chip that I can find. They do go on an on about the Dolby-optimized sound and "tuba" subwoofer.

Is there some extra audio software, beyond just the driver, that is used to optimize the sound? Maybe Acer eAudio or "PureZone", whatever that is.

Posted 4 years ago

mikisu
mikisu

With XP, THIS is how to activate.

Find the equivalent settings in Win7 and see how you go.

Posted 4 years ago

Gatsu

ScottW: Im not sure if theres suppose to be some extra audio software for the tuba subwoofer. Im not sure but when i download the Modem Lite-on driver it seams that it wants to update the HDAUDIO but failes, the same with the Modem foxcoon driver. Didn't know they had anything to do with the sound but it sais something about HD audio..

Mikisu: i did not manage to activate it that way..

Posted 4 years ago

ScottW
ScottW

Gatsu, when you install the RealTek HD Audio Drivers, you should also get the Realtek HD Audio Manager. It may be in the taskbar notification area as a red speaker icon (mine is), and it should definitely be in Control Panel if it's installed. In the HD Audio Manager you can click on the "i" (lower case I) button to see the "Audio Codec" which is what Realtek calls their chipset.

Also, the HD Audio Manager may have settings to configure 5.1 surround, bass boost and so forth. Or, as I discussed before, you might need some other Acer-specific software for your system.

Posted 4 years ago

Gatsu

ScottW: I went into the controll Panel and found Audio Manager. Its on 5.1 surround and i used the "test" button to se if all speakers workt, every speaker made a sound except the subwoofer..

I pressed "i" and it sais that the codec is "ALC888S".. Can you get more information out of that?

Posted 4 years ago

ScottW
ScottW

Gatsu, I have the same chip in my Acer desktop, with the Windows 7 driver version 6.0.1.5919 from Realtek. If your subwoofer is not firing when the Audio Manager is set to 5.1 (that .1 is the sub!) then it may be that you need some other software or a special version of the Realtek driver that has been modified by Acer.

Posted 4 years ago

Gatsu

Ok. then how do i know what kind of software or driver?.. I just sent an email to acers support guess thats all i can do huh?

Posted 4 years ago

ScottW
ScottW

Yes, and e-mail to Acer support is a good idea. You could also search around for a forum where someone discusses what software drives that subwoofer. Also, check the documentation from Acer that is specific to your system.

Posted 4 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!