The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

problem with move media player

(5 posts)
  • Started 4 years ago by sanchejm
  • Latest reply from sanchejm
  • Topic Viewed 596 times

sanchejm

I have a new (August 2009) HP computer with windows 7. My wife has a 2005 Dell with windows XP. We are opera fans and have signed on to the Met Opera Player. Hers works perfectly; mine is choppy (it's as if an lp record is playing and the needle jumps a bit occasionally--not terrible, but enough to make a performance less enjoyable. I had the same problem with it when I had Windows Vista. Neither the Met nor HP has been able to help me. Any suggestions?

Posted 4 years ago

Odeho19

Hi sanchejm, and welcome to HTG. We could use some more information if you would please. What kind of internet connection do each of you have? And you mention in your query that you "had the same problem with it when I had Windows Vista". Is this a completely "new" computer/laptop, or is this an "upgrade" from Vista to 7 on the same PC/Laptop? Do you have the same issue with any other apps, or is this singular to Met Opera Player?

Also, just for my own curiosity, how many times has the Mrs. told you, you should have bought a Dell? I'm sorry, I couldn't resist.....no offense intended. Please post back with your answers to the PREVIOUS paragraph of questions, and I'm certain some of the more experienced members will have others for you as well. Good Luck!

Odean

Posted 4 years ago

Scott

Posted 4 years ago

GKI610

FWIW, in XP I had several Move players installed by different sites. With Windows 7 clean install, the same sites haven't asked to load it, as long as I put Adobe Flash Player & Shockwave Player on. If an upgrade has been done, then this may not be applicable.

Posted 4 years ago

sanchejm

For Odeho19: Thanks for the quick response. My wife and I are both on the same Comcast cable, just different parts of the house. I had the problem with my old Dell computer (bought in 2001). When I bought the HP, it had Vista (same problem); in December 2009 I loaded Windows 7. I have no problems with any other videos I watch. I will appreciate any help.

Posted 4 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.