The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Apple / OS X

Problem with iTunes!!!

(9 posts)
  • Started 2 years ago by kush20197
  • Latest reply from kush20197
  • Topic Viewed 1016 times

kush20197

I have a MacBook Pro 13" 2.3GHz with Mac OS X Lion. I have encountered a rather strange problem with my iTunes. Whenever I do an work on my MacBook Pro, my iTunes opens up automatically and plays my songs. I unchecked the 'check for updates automatically' box, but it did not solve my problem.
Please help me. Thank You.

Posted 2 years ago

hatryst
hatryst

Do you have an iOS device running iOS 5 or later?
(and does the Wi-Fi of your MBP remain ON, usually when this happens?)

Posted 2 years ago

kush20197

Yes, I do have an iPad 2 with iOS 5 and the Wi-Fi does remain ON as Iam usually on the internet when this happens. But what do these have to do with my problem???

Posted 2 years ago

hatryst
hatryst

Wow, I guessed it right (LOL). Actually the devices running iOS 5 or later have a feature called "Over-the-air" software update and syncing. SO periodically, your iPad tries to sync with the laptop.

Funny though, one of our forum members asked the same question with the same title: Problem with iTunes (haha, coincidence?!)

So here's a solution you can try: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3390897?start=0&tstart=0
(if you have any difficulty understanding the linked discussions, post back and I'll try to explain in detail, although they're self explanatory)

Posted 2 years ago

kush20197

But my ipad is not synced to my MBP, it is synced to my windows 7 PC. Besides, Iam not using my iPad these days. Then how can this happen?

Posted 2 years ago

hatryst
hatryst

Try turning the auto-syncing and "open iTunes when device is connected" options off anyway, just to be sure... See if it has any effect.
Apart from the iPad, do you have any other device running iOS 5?

Posted 2 years ago

kush20197

No, it does not have any effect. And yes, I have an iPod Touch 4G with iOS 5, but that too is not synced with my MBP. Also, I noticed that the problem occurs only at a specific time, that is around 12:00 am IST.

Posted 2 years ago

hatryst
hatryst

Try this.

Go to iTunes preferences > Store > uncheck "automatically check for available downloads"

via: http://www.mac-forums.com/foru.....rence.html

Posted 2 years ago

kush20197

Actually, that was the first thing I did when I encountered my problem. But it didn't work out.

Posted 2 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:

Go check your email!