The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows Vista

Problem With Azureus And Vista

(11 posts)
  • Started 7 years ago by ak03
  • Latest reply from taybay
  • Topic Viewed 8433 times

ak03

i have a problem with azureus in vista. Sometimes ill click on the link for it to start up and it wont. But ill look into the process manager and intill be running in memory. So i know that its running but it never shows up on the desktop to show its running. Also i have to reboot to get the problem to go away, but when i reboot, it just hangs and sometimes i have to hold down the power buttton to restart. And when i end up rebooting i get a blank screen for about 20 sec before the vista logo and the login screen comes present. Im assuming all of this has to do with azureus.

Posted 7 years ago

nrv1013

Is it Azureus 2.5 or 3.0? From a quick google search, some people say 2.5 won't work in Vista but 3.0 will. Also, it might help to check your Java version. One forum suggested Java SE 6:
http://java.sun.com/javase/6/

Not sure if Java's causing the problem, but I know Java sometimes hangs when I'm running JBuilder.

Posted 7 years ago

ak03

Java 6 and azureus 3.0

Posted 7 years ago

ak03

Okay so i thought i would go more in depth about a problem with azureus. I recently read a article on pctips and it should how to set up process explorer to show how hard your hard drive is working to read and write a program. So i see azureus just sitting there on my precess taking up memory and hard drive usage. Here are some pics:

If you can see azureus now in the process list and al its reading and writing plus the memory it takes up for no good reason...

Then i think the state means that it's waiting for me to run the program. But im not running it... So I checked that new startup program the geek just posted and it didnt find that azureus was going to run in the startup. Can anyone help me with this. i just want to solve a problem I've been meaning to fix.

Posted 7 years ago

Scott

You can try Autoruns: http://www.microsoft.com/techn.....oRuns.mspx

And oddly enough, if you have Spybot S&D, check Tools>System Startup for an effective way to kill start processes.

Posted 7 years ago

ak03

Found nothing of azureus's trail in the two programs

Posted 7 years ago

Scott

Can you list the processes that start with your computer? I've read elsewhere that azureus starts with Java Runtime, though I can not confirm that.

Posted 7 years ago

ak03

Windows Defender
AVG
Vista Thumbnail resize
Sidebar
Zonealarm
Raid Event Montiter

Posted 7 years ago

taybay

When you see azureus running in the task manager, kill the process. Often when I run a program and it doesn't start, I can find it in the task manager, kill it, and restart no problem.

Also, if you want a lightweight bittorrent client that wont give you so much trouble, try utorrent. www.utorrent.com =)

Posted 7 years ago

ak03

I just said when i try to kill azureus, it gives me a Error: access denied message. I am the admin and i run Process Explorer on admin privleges

Posted 7 years ago

taybay

With all due respect, you didn't say that, and I would really just suggest switching clients. Azureus is bloated, especially since it requires java.

Posted 7 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.