SEARCH

The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Linux

(Solved) - Problem on BleacBit: LinuxMint 13 Maya (Cinnamon)

(3 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by tech27
  • Latest reply from tech27
  • Topic Viewed 1025 times

tech27
tech27

I had posted this problem on LinuxMint forum and still there's no reply on my thread. I guess someone here can help me out to resolve this problem of mine.

I have used BleachBit on other Linux distros and it does the job well. But in Linux Mint I'm really confuse even though I already clean stuffs on using BleachBit the history on chromium is still there. I even used the Root BleachBit but still the same the history wasn't deleted I even tried to refresh the history window and still no luck, Any ideas how to fix it?

Posted 1 year ago

BobJam
BobJam

I run Mint12 ("Lisa") on one of my partitions (have Ubuntu 12.04 on another) and Mint12 runs Ubuntu Tweak just fine . . . just google it and you'll get a .deb/ppa if it's not in one of your repositories already (check Synaptic first, or the Software Center.)

Ubuntu Tweak has a "Janitor" function and does a fine job of cleaning out caches, I use Firefox and not Chrome, but I'd bet that Ubuntu Tweak will find the Chrome caches.

Now Ubuntu Tweak may be a lightweight compared to BleachBit, but try it.

Posted 1 year ago

tech27
tech27

Thanks for your suggestions. Though I already fix the problem, I forgot to update bleachbit to the latest version. Then after updating the problem is gone.

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:

Go check your email!