How-To Geek Forums / Windows Vista

(Solved) - Problem event name CLR20r3

(8 posts)
  • Started 4 years ago by LarrySr
  • Latest reply from LarrySr
  • Topic Viewed 75028 times

LarrySr
LarrySr

I am running Windows 7. I start up Media Center and set it up to record TV programs. After a few hours the computer shuts down. When I look at the error it says the following.

Problem event name CLR20r3
Problem signature ehshell.exe

any idea how I can fix this problem.

Posted 4 years ago

LH
LH

Try deleting all the files in the C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\eHome folder.

Posted 4 years ago

LarrySr
LarrySr

I tried what you suggested but then the Windows Media Center lost the ability to schedule TV for recording. So I restored the files I deleted. Any other suggestions?

Posted 4 years ago

LH
LH

Could you post a list of those file please.

Posted 4 years ago

LarrySr
LarrySr

Here is the fix that seems to have solved the problem. After applying this fix I restarted the computer and started the Media Center. The computer has now been running for 24 hours. It has never run this long with the Media Center running before.
===================================================================================================
Register the following Windows Media Center components

1. Click Start button, click All Programs, click Accessories, then right-click Command Prompt, in the right click menu, please click Run as administrator.

2. Type the following commands, press Enter after each line.

regsvr32 atl.dll

cd C:\WINDOWS\eHome

ehSched /unregServer

ehSched /service

ehRecvr /unregServer

ehRecvr /service

ehRec.exe /unregServer

ehRec.exe /regserver

ehmsas.exe /unregServer

ehmsas.exe /regserver

Posted 4 years ago

LH
LH

Good for you sir :)

Posted 4 years ago

LarrySr
LarrySr

It appears that I declared it fixed too soon. It ran for about 26 hours and shutdown with the same error. I am about to give up on Windows Media Center and start looking for a different piece of software to record my TV shows when I am not at home.

Posted 4 years ago

LarrySr
LarrySr

This time I think I may really have it fixed. I un-installed Window 7 Media Center. When it finished the un-install it said I had to shutdown and reboot my computer. When I tried to reboot it said there was an error and it would attempt to fix the problem. After a few minutes it shutdown again. I reboot it again and got the same message that said there was an error and it would attempt to fix the problem. It shutdown 3 more time with me rebooting each time and getting the same message. After the fourth try it came up and said it was installing Windows 7 Media Center. This time it seemed to get it right. I have had it running now for over 2 days with no failures. Hopefully it is now working correctly.

Accepted Answer · Posted 4 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.