(Solved) - Problem after uninstalling Windows Live Mail

(5 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by SarahJames
  • Latest reply from SarahJames
  • Topic Viewed 566 times

SarahJames
SarahJames

Hi guys,

A couple of days ago I uninstalled Windows Live Mail for a friend, but now apparently any html link she clicks opens two instances of Firefox.
She doesn't have a restore point to go back to or an image to go back to apart from the one I made áfter removing WLM, since it was only then she told me 'oh no I haven't made any backups, yes I know you installed Macrium for me and taught me how to use it, but I never have any problems, so I never needed it' <UGHHHHHHHH>.

Anyone any idea what could be wrong?

She has Vista (Home Premium I think), kept Windows Live Messenger, uninstalled Windows Live Mail due to lot's of problems with it (not able to open mail, hanging etc.) and it never was the default mail handler (Windows Mail is), so removing it seemed like the route to go.

Posted 1 year ago

germ-x
germ-x

Have you tried reinstalling then uninstalling again? One other thought is uninstall Firefox and reinstall it.

Posted 1 year ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

Has she got backups of her FF profile ?
If so, go back to an earlier one.

Accepted Answer · Posted 1 year ago

SarahJames
SarahJames

Reinstalled FF, but that didn't help.
I had set Cobian to backup her profile on a daily basis, so I picked one from a week ago and voila it works :)
But now one of the plugins is giving errors.
Working with crossloop, so sometimes it is difficult to see and vééééry slow.
Once I find out the name of the plugin I'll unistall it and reinstall it - hoping that will fix it.

Posted 1 year ago

SarahJames
SarahJames

Seems like things work ok again :)
Pfeww ...
Also made a new image with Macrium now things work ok again and put a reminder in her calender when to run Macrium (keeping it at once a month otherwise her external will be full in no time).

Thanks for your input, guys :)

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!