How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

Problem after a new installation of W7

(9 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by Artiah
  • Latest reply from Ruja
  • Topic Viewed 516 times

Artiah

Hi guys!

I have this problem, I formated and installed Win7Pro in a Toshiba laptop,the installation runs good, but when I restart the pc the screen is black and I have only the white bar in the high left corner, nothing more. I resinstalled the SO in two times and always is the same, good install but bad restart. I checked the HD with HDRegenerator and dont show bad sectors, are you have or see something similar this before?

Many thanks in advance.

Posted 1 year ago

scorpion99

Can you start it in Safe Mode??? It it starts well , this means that there some hardware which is causing this problem

Posted 1 year ago

Artiah

Nop, I cant start in safe mode. :(

Posted 1 year ago

germ-x

You said "good install but bad restart". How do yo uknow it's a good install if it doesn't boot correctly?

Posted 1 year ago

Artiah

Because the install runs normally, dont have problems. I can see the desktop and open folder, but when I restart the pc show me the white bar.

Thanks for your comment, have a good day! =)

Posted 1 year ago

whs

Where did your bootmgr end up - look in Disk Management for the active partition. Or post a picture of your Disk Management.

Posted 1 year ago

germ-x

So what your really saying is the installation appears to install windows. During windows installation your system restarts a couple of times. Does it restart during the installation or is that when you are getting the blinking cursor?

Posted 1 year ago

Artiah

It was the win7 activator, I changed for xxxxxxxx and now works!!!

Thansk for all your comments, cheers!

Edit by GModX

Posted 1 year ago

Ruja

We don't help with pirated software.

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.