The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Geek Stuff

Printshop clone?

(2 posts)
  • Started 5 years ago by BobJam
  • Latest reply from randomaccess
  • Topic Viewed 1553 times

BobJam

My sister, who is very computer illiterate, had been using Printshop on an old computer she no longer has, is now lamenting the loss of her Printshop. Evidently it came preinstalled so she does not have an installation CD.

Now she is looking for a "replacement" on her new machine, and has asked me "Is there a FREE program that will enable me to print out address labels on Avery 8160 white address labels? Personalized font w/color if possible."

I mentioned that she was "computer illiterate" because I was thinking of telling her that her MSWord will do that anyway, or there is an Avery Wizard add on for it. But my suspicion is that she was used to the Printshop GUI, and giving her instructions to do it on MSWord may be too much for her.

So . . . my question: IS there a Printshop FREE clone that will have a GUI pretty much the same as what she was used to? I searched for one and looked on download.com and couldn't find one (or at least not one on a safe site . . . there were some that showed up but they were all from sites that were rated by SA and WOT as malware hosting sites, and I don't want to give her that kind of link).

BTW, even though she says she has a "new" PC, it's one that is about 4 years old and has XP Pro on it.

Posted 5 years ago

randomaccess

One of these programs from Serif might work for her, I think Page Plus is probably the closest.

Serif Software Free Versions

Posted 5 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.