SEARCH

The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Microsoft Office

(Solved) - Printing (Flyer) From Word Without Border ....

(9 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by vistual
  • Latest reply from warlock
  • Topic Viewed 2894 times

vistual
vistual

Hey guys, so i have a flyer all done up and ready but when i print i still get a thin little white border around the printout.
i have margins set to 0" all the way around and as yu can see from the screen shot - theres no border visible while i have the file open but when i print it out i still get a little white border as you can see from the screen shot.
How can i print it out without the little white border?
thanks.

shows without border when open in MS Word

after printing i get this little white border ...

Posted 1 year ago

Xhi
Xhi

Check in the Printer properties. The printer itself is set for a border. Different printer preferences are different, but here is mine for example

Posted 1 year ago

vistual
vistual

hey xhi, thanks.
when i saw your post - i was CERTAIN that would do the trick but it didnt work (???)
i noticed a bunch of other options labled "borderless" too but not sure if that shoul make a difference. either way im willing to try another suggestion or two before calling it quits cause i just noticed im super low on paper. any other thoughts?

Posted 1 year ago

Xhi
Xhi

Are you really sure a babysitter will care if there is a white border on the flyer.

Posted 1 year ago

vistual
vistual

no i guess not. but its not her - its me. i start obsessing when stuff aint workin'n the way i want it to.
i'll leave it alone .... for now : )
thanks.

Posted 1 year ago

vistamike
vistamike

Little issue very similar the other day, I cropped, saved as jpeg and printed no probs!

Posted 1 year ago

warlock
warlock

Did you try fit to page?

Posted 1 year ago

vistual
vistual

im done. no more paper.
heres what i did ....
as per mikes suggestion ...
printed to pdf > opened up in reader > right clicked and exported to image. ended up with a great quality image of the flyer. 3K+ x 2K+ @ 906KB !
opened up in viewer > hit print > made sure borderless option was again checked in printers properties > and as per warlocks comment, i tried both before printing. toggled between fit to page and not - and both times ended up with the flyer printing WITH NO border ....
BUT it cropped a little bit of the flyer (both times).
would still say a 99.9% success!
thanks guys!

Posted 1 year ago

warlock
warlock

Understand your frustration, when things don't work as they should.

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!