The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows XP

(Solved) - Print Spooler

(4 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by tsmith777
  • Latest reply from CompWiz
  • Topic Viewed 901 times

tsmith777

My sister has an old (6-7 Yrs) Dell Dimension running XP and an old Dell 720 Printer. She tried to print an article yesterday and got a message that said "the print spooler is not working". I took remote control via Teamviewer, ( she is in Ohio and I'm in Ca) and checked her printer in control panel and there was no printer listed, however, in the ADD/Remove programs it show the printer installed. I then checked Services and the printer spooler was not started, I attempted to start it and it said cannot start spooler, the dependices needed are not started. I then tried to uninstall and reinstall the printer, (she has the original CD), it went thru the installation process and at the end it said there was an error and the installation process will now exit. Can anyone help me get the spooler started? Thanks for any help

Posted 1 year ago

CompWiz
CompWiz

Hi there tsmith777, I found this:

"Locate the Print Spooler Service, right click it, choose Properties and then look at the Dependencies tab. The services listed there must be running before the Print Spooler Service will start. If they are not running, you will get an error 1068 or similar message about dependent services when trying to start the Print Spooler Service."

More; http://answers.microsoft.com/e.....0bebb56cd9

Posted 1 year ago

tsmith777

Comp, Thank You so much, that worked. The Dependencies showed LexBce and Remote Procedure Call (RPC) was not started, I started those and reinstalled the printer and it now works fine. All of you guys are GREAT and your advice is outstanding. Again Thanks

Posted 1 year ago

CompWiz
CompWiz

Any time tsmith777, glad the issue is now resolved.

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:

Go check your email!