How-To Geek Forums / Microsoft Office

Print out booklet with Word 2007

(4 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by colinito
  • Latest reply from oldgeezer
  • Topic Viewed 901 times

colinito

Hello Everyone,

I wish to print out a booklet using Word 2007.
I have opened Microsoft's instructions - "Set up and create a booklet with Microsoft Office Word 2007." However, even though I understand these instructions, my problem is that the words that I wish to print are in a file in 'My Documents.' I can not find a way to open this file and get it to print.
I have tried clicking the top left of the Word document and in the drop-down menu choosing the "File" - but this defeats all the page set-up settings with margins, book fold etc. and it starts to print out a portrait document exactly like that in the file!
Can anyone tell me how I can do this, please? (I just hope that the only way is NOT to print out the words on A4 then copy from the scan plate on the printer! That would really defeat the object and me!)

Thank you,

Colinito.

Posted 1 year ago

doctordeere
doctordeere

Just a thought...
If you have Office 2007, try opening/formatting the document in Microsoft Publisher (which is the program intended for books/booklets, flyers, etc.)

Posted 1 year ago

G41M

...."my problem is that the words that I wish to print are in a file in 'My Documents.' I can not find a way to open this file and get it to print."
Is this file another MS Word document? If it is, it will open and print on the format it was saved and not with the booklet format. Try opening the file and
set it as booklet i.e. Page Layout > Page Setup. Adjust the margins, paper size, be sure to select Book fold in Multiple pages and All in Sheet per booklet and click OK. When you print, check if your printer automatically prints on both sides of paper if not you have to select to manually print on both sides.

Posted 1 year ago

oldgeezer

Or if the document is mainly text then open it, copy all of the text, close the document, open your template and paste the text. You probably won't find Publisher in your Office Suite as it only came as part of the more expensive versions.

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.