The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

(Solved) - Print List of Installed Programs

(5 posts)
  • Started 3 years ago by Guidez
  • Latest reply from scorpion99
  • Topic Viewed 12029 times

Guidez

I would like to print a list of installed programs in case my computer explodes, so I don't have to think for hours about what I forgot. ALSO, can I save things like "install date" and "size"?

Posted 3 years ago

G41M

Open Control Panel, under Programs, click Uninstall a program. Capture the "Uninstall or change a program" window. Print the image.

I would suggest creating an image (backup) of your whole system drive before your "computer explodes". This will save you all the hassles of re-installations (OS+programs). Read on SarahJames' post on this in one of the stickies on this forum.

Posted 3 years ago

ispalten
ispalten

I'd suggest getting BELARC ADVISOR, it creates a WEB PAGE you can print and has installed programs and more listed.

Irv S.

Posted 3 years ago

Xhi
Xhi

CCleaner ->tools ->Uninstall has a button in the lower right corner "Save to text file..." which will give the list of installed programs.

Accepted Answer · Posted 2 years ago

scorpion99
scorpion99

if you are using a windows 7 , you can do this trick....
In search , type "windows file transfer" , follow the steps and select whatever of files you want.
At the end you will have the backup as one FILE , now when you click on this FILE and you try to restore the files , you will have an option of "programs report" , copy and paste it.....this is a list of all the programs that were installed on the laptop or pc....

Posted 2 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.