How-To Geek Forums / Geek Stuff

Preview button in Windows Explorer

(6 posts)
  • Started 7 years ago by edbott
  • Latest reply from supermansghost
  • Topic Viewed 2077 times

Anonymous

Great idea!

Here's a Vista annoyance that I'd love to see someone fix. Windows Explorer has a preview pane. But the only way to turn it on or off is through the menus: Click Organize. Click Layout and wait for fly-out menu to appear. Click Preview.

I want a button that I can click to show or hide the preview pane with one click.

Posted 7 years ago

supermansghost
supermansghost

That's a great idea! I'd love to see customizable buttons for Explorer.

Posted 7 years ago

thegeek
The Geek

This is an excellent suggestion... it would be great to have some configurable buttons.

A lot of people have written in asking about an "Up" button as well, which is one that I'd really like to see.

Posted 7 years ago

thegeek
The Geek

I notice that each different type of folder has different active buttons.. it seems like this could be added with a shell extension, although I'd need to look into it.

Posted 7 years ago

taybay
taybay

For the up button, just press Alt + Up Arrow.

Posted 7 years ago

supermansghost
supermansghost

Yeah, you can always use keyboard shortcuts, but it would be nice to have a customizable set of buttons... there are some times that you are dragging and dropping with the mouse, and it would actually take longer to move your hands off the mouse and onto the keyboard instead of just clicking a button that MS took away from us.

The up button was the most frequently used button in XP for me.

Posted 7 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:

Go check your email!