The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Microsoft Office

Preloaded Software

(6 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by alaskagriz
  • Latest reply from gedstar
  • Topic Viewed 893 times

alaskagriz

I purchased my computer online and paid for MS Office as part of the package. I did not receive the discs for MS Office; it was preloaded. I didn't realize it at the time, but the MS operating system was 32-bit. Now I want to speed up my computer by installing the latest 64-bit operating system and adding some more RAM. I will have to wipe my system when I load the new 64-bit OS, and I will lose my MS Office. I have contacted the online store that sold me my computer and they have refused to provide me with the original MS Office discs. I feel as though the discs should belong to me since I paid for the software. What recourse do I have to obtain the original MS Office discs so that I can use MS Office with my new 64-bit operating system?

Posted 1 year ago

ProstheticHead
ProstheticHead

Hi. What version of office are you running?

Posted 1 year ago

gedstar
gedstar

Hi alaskagriz

If you have a valid Product key for Office you can download the software, someone here should be able to provide a link to download from. Please state what version of office you have.
Once you download the correct version associated with your product key, just install and use the key.

Found this for Office 2010

If you purchased an Office 2010 Product Key Card and don’t have Office 2010 preloaded on your PC, you can download the software. Do the following:

Locate your 25-character Product Key. You must have a valid Office 2010 Product Key to install and activate your downloaded software.
Return to http://office.microsoft.com/en.....A101847520
Click download.
Follow the steps online to download and install Office 2010.

Ged

P.S. once you get OS and all apps installed, i would recommend creating an image of the hard drive, saves so much time if you need to rebuild!!!!

Posted 1 year ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

alaskagriz hi. Just because you pay for software, does not mean it belongs to you. Read the licence agreement (EULA)

Posted 1 year ago

BobJam
BobJam

Check on the bottom of your machine (if it's a laptop) or somewhere on a desktop. There may be a sticker with the Product Key (same for the OS). If it isn't there, you may be out of luck.

Posted 1 year ago

gedstar
gedstar

If you have paid for MS Office as you said, you should have been given a product key, if you still have MS Office installed you can find the product key using this utility

http://www.intowindows.com/how.....oduct-key/

Ged

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:

Go check your email!