SEARCH

The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Geek Stuff

Power DVD 8 (with blu ray) not playing blu ray!

(3 posts)
  • Started 5 years ago by cyberhev
  • Latest reply from cyberhev
  • Topic Viewed 4384 times

cyberhev

Hi all,
Been going round and round on this.
Computer spec AMD QUAD 10Ghz PHENOM 9850 8GB/500GB & HD3200 1GB GFX, AMD 780G PCI-E MOBO (Dual VGA & DVI Output) LG Blu ray drive, PCI express creative sound labs blaster xfi titanium sound card, windows vista home premium 64 bit.
Have ordered arcsofts home theater but whilst waiting for it have bought the above program to play blu ray.
2 problems
No 1 we can get only some sound using the 3.5 jack plugs on the sound card, and nothing on the optical out to our Sony amp(this glows constant red).
No 2 We can get the menu (at times) of a blu ray disc but only a blank screen when we try to play with power dvd 8, interestingly , windows media centre says software not supported format.
We have got the most recent drivers for all. Any suggestions/help much appreciated! I am questioning why we didnt just but a playstation 3! We seem to have an expensive brick!!!

Posted 5 years ago

madmacs
madmacs

Hi cyberhev, welcome to HTG! Have a look in this thread to see if it helps. I´m not too sure about the sound card problem but all I can guess is there should be an output setting in a menu. I´ll have a look at your card and post back.

Posted 5 years ago

cyberhev

Thank you! After some further investigation, we found an update for power dvd that enabled us to play blu ray. But we now have no sound whatsoever!

Posted 5 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.