The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Off Topic

(Solved) - Post Removed

(6 posts)
  • Started 2 years ago by Enthusiast
  • Latest reply from Lighthouse
  • Topic Viewed 456 times

Enthusiast

I have had a post removed from a topic where many members made derisive comments to an OP, even to the point of comparing the OP's business to a brothel. I asked that the members dscontinue the derisive commentary. My post was removed, however the other off-topic commentary remains.

What gives?

Posted 2 years ago

nosparks

I fully back you on this Enthusiast. The "Gentlemen" you referred to seemed intent on nothing but belittling the OP as opposed to helping. I considered myself commenting on this prior to your post, you were far more diplomatic than I'd have been, probably would have been banned.

NoSparks

Posted 2 years ago

Lighthouse

Sorry sir, but I had to remove some previous posts in that thread, thus yours would not have made any sense. As they were what you were referring to.

Posted 2 years ago

raphoenix

I think the website owner, Lowell, has an established policy concerning removing, moving and closing topics plus individual postings. When the original OP clarified the location of the place of business, then they began receiving serious possible solutions to their topic issue.

Without the Mods, the HTG Forum would turn into havoc so let's cut'um a little slack. :)

Posted 2 years ago

Enthusiast

I applaud the actions of our mods, and have said so in the past. In this case, however, one of the mods is the one who commented "Bad idea. People who rent hotel rooms by the hour do not use internet." The OP asked about offering internet and charging for it by the hour, NOT that they rent rooms by the hour. This comment was derisive and STILL remains on the thread. As long as this comment remains, my post makes sense.

I asked simply that WE be respectful in our comments to and about our posters, yet my post was removed.

Posted 2 years ago

Lighthouse

That post has also been removed. I believe all the rest are valid.

Accepted Answer · Posted 2 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.