The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

(Solved) - policy notification issue

(8 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by drumN4life
  • Latest reply from warlock
  • Topic Viewed 478 times

drumN4life

ive disabled aivra's pop-ups and notifications through a couple software restriction policies, and they do their job. but now instead of seeing aviras crap, i get a box sayin the policy did its job.. slightly better than my original problem (considering some ads by avira are practically full screen, and this is just a little box). i was wondering if theres a way to turn off the policy's notifications altogether. these are the only customized policies ive made, i dont see room for more, and i just got done with a fresh install of ultimate- i dont have any reason to see any policy notifications anymore.

Posted 1 year ago

warlock

http://www.wikihow.com/Remove-.....ra-Antivir Read through this link.

Posted 1 year ago

drumN4life

sorry, this did not answer my question. i followed those steps already to get where i am. my issue now is: instead of getting avira's pop ups and notifications, i get a group policy pop up, saying it blocked the pop up! i need to disallow group policy notifications somehow. ive never seen it done and i cant seem to find it on google, but there HAS to be a way.

so for the record:

1) already disabled aviras pop ups via gpedit
2) cant get gp to quit popping up when it blocks a pop up

@warlock thanks for the shot! i even checked in the tips and warnings but they had no answer. actually, i think thats the page i used to figure this all out. im hoping the kinda change im looking for would be similar enough for me to figure out in xp as 7 cuz ive got both at the studio.

maybe disabling alerts? but id rather know when somethins up... as in, id rather be able to disable specific alerts if possible. i dont care how technical. i work on pc's all the time and im very familiar with working in the registry if it boils down to that.

Posted 1 year ago

warlock

@drumN4life,
Try the fix here and let us know the result.
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto.....up-policy/

Posted 1 year ago

drumN4life

aww im sorry guys. ive gone through that too... its not a balloon, its a message box that's popping up. ive actually gone through those settings and tried to find it before.... helped out a lot when it came to customizing things to my liking, but it has nothing as far as the message box. honestly, if theres a way to disable any message box notifications I could live with that

I use my computer for recording and mixing audio. not much else but free cell and socializing on the internet every once and a while. so if anything was going wrong that id need to be notified about, im sure id notice the program messin up. ive used it for years so im very familiar with it. if I can just have these specific messages disabled, thatd be much better though. id rather have all my notifications, of course... just in case... but its no biggie if they all have to go. im always workin on computers too, so if anythings acting up, I usually catch it pretty quick.... my dad thinks its a registry edit

Posted 1 year ago

drumN4life

AH HA! I found it!

HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Error Message Instrument : EnableDefaultReply = 0

where 0 is the change.... 0 is not the default. anyone who doent know the reg should understand that 0 in the registry means its disabled (for the ungeeky fellows who visit here, in my predicament).

Accepted Answer · Posted 1 year ago

drumN4life

actually considering its under the local machine, im guessing the local policy has an option I must have missed. thanks guys! I wouldn't have run into this if u didn't get my mind goin :P MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Posted 1 year ago

warlock

Glad you got the nagging pop up stopped. Merrry Christmas from us at HTG also.

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.