The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

Please help me with my laptop.!

(16 posts)
  • Started 4 years ago by ItzChow
  • Latest reply from raphoenix
  • Topic Viewed 510 times

ItzChow

Hey everyone so im new here, and this site looks very very helpful. SO here it is

I got http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Ac.....1&lp=1 this computer on blackfriday, and just yesteerday i was using it, it was fine. Today i tried to start it up, it said BOOTMRG is courrpt, cannot start boot. I've tried everything, i burned the Recovery CD for window 7 , and poped it up, and still nothing happen. I switch teh POST screen to boot CD/DVD first, and still not working. anytihng have any solution? please help. thanks a bunch

Posted 4 years ago

raphoenix

ItzChow,
---
Please re-post Exact make and model number of machine.
---
Link appears not to work. :(
---
Regards,
Rick P.

Posted 4 years ago

madmatt2006

When you say you burned the win 7 dvd was it from an .iso file? did you burn just the .iso file maybe instead of burning it as a DVD image

Posted 4 years ago

ItzChow

I have to do a image to dvd burning?

Posted 4 years ago

madmatt2006

How did you burn the windows 7 dvd?so I can workout what to do and is the windows 7 in iso format before you burned it?

Posted 4 years ago

ItzChow

i follow the link on this website, on how to burn the recovery cd, i believe it was from files to DVd, now i see a other missage , it said the file is possibly corrupt, the file header checksum does not match the computdd checksum

Posted 4 years ago

ItzChow

Yes, it was on ISO format.

Posted 4 years ago

madmatt2006

ok I think this maybe the problem. What burning software do you have so I can try and guide you through it? if you have no iso burning software you could try this http://www.freeisoburner.com/ free one to burn it. If you check the DVD you burnt before has it only got the iso file on it? also burn it at the slowest speed you can there have been isues with burning windows 7 at full speed and coruption

Posted 4 years ago

ItzChow

i used, the ImgBurn to do it, and i also use, write these file to cd on my other computer to do it.

Posted 4 years ago

madmatt2006

oh it sounds like you burned it right. did you burn at lowest speed?

Posted 4 years ago

ItzChow

Ok, imma start everythgin over, SO the window repair disc right now, is on ISO files, and imma burn it at 2x speed, which is the slowest with a brand new cd, let see the results.

Posted 4 years ago

ItzChow

Okay, so i've tried it again. It says The file is possibly corrupt. THe file header checksum does not match the computed checksum, What does that even mean

Posted 4 years ago

madmatt2006

was this version of windows downloaded?

Posted 4 years ago

raphoenix

http://www.howtogeek.com/forum.....?replies=2

Posted 4 years ago

ItzChow

nope, got it at bestbuy at blackfriday

Posted 4 years ago

raphoenix

ItzChow,
---
ONCE AGAIN.
---
The machine is under warranty.
---
Take it to Best-Buy in the morning.
---
Regards,
Rick P.

Posted 4 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.