SEARCH

The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows XP

(Solved) - "pleaes remove all ity.im ads from your website" popup box?

(36 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by liz2sweet
  • Latest reply from vistamike
  • Topic Viewed 7963 times

liz2sweet

Has anyone ever seen this before? I have searched everywhere online, ran Malwarebytes, and MSE and nothing comes up. I also get IE pop ups even though I don't use IE (i.e. script errors, not responding, and others) It even comes up when my browser isn't open. I usually use Firefox. I know the basics when it comes to this stuff and usually I am successful in getting rid of bugs like this on my own, but this one is driving me crazy! I know it is a virus of some sort because as you can see the word "please" is misspelled. Can anyone help me? I put this in the category "Windows XP" because that is what I have. If it is the wrong category, I apologize :)

Posted 1 year ago

warlock
warlock

http://www.superantispyware.com/download.html Download the free edition of this.

Posted 1 year ago

Scott
Scott

Hey Warlock ! This SAS version doesn't install :)
http://www.superantispyware.com/onlinescan.html

Posted 1 year ago

whs
whs

In addition, I would run this one: http://www.filehippo.com/downl.....i_malware/

Posted 1 year ago

warlock
warlock

@whs they said they ran that. Reason I didn't suggest.

Posted 1 year ago

raphoenix
raphoenix

The Link to SAS Version Mod Scott posted is a GOOD Find !!

Just download to your desktop because it does NOT install.

Can be used any time just by clicking on program.

For instance I have 33 Following Cookies in my Browser Cache but no worry as I post this.

I'll clear them at End of Secession with Ccleaner before I turn off machine.

Posted 1 year ago

warlock
warlock

@scott, No problem with my link here installed,or ran fine.

Posted 1 year ago

Straspey
Straspey

I did a Google search on the OP's problem and there are a few people posting on the Microsoft Support Forums who have all had this problem suddenly appear in the past 24 - 48 hours.

It seems as if this is a pretty nasty Malware - if not a virus.

I would humbly suggest that the best thing for the OP to do is ask for help in Virus/Malware forums on either Bleepingcomputer.com or Tweakxp.com

Both sites have people who are highly-skilled experts and will take you through a detailed, step-by-step procedure to locate the malware and clean it from your system.

Posted 1 year ago

liz2sweet

Straspy I have done a Google search as well. But I didn't come up with anything. I am glad you did though :) I also made a post in Bleepingcomputer and haven't had a response yet. I had a feeling it was a fairly new program since I couldn't really find anything on it. I will try what warlock and Scott suggested for now.

Posted 1 year ago

Scott
Scott

@Warlock. No issues with your link. Just a heads up that there's a no-install version.

As for the OP, liz, please do read this: http://www.7tutorials.com/test.....us-scanner

Posted 1 year ago

liz2sweet

Also. Straspy, how did you word your search so I can find the forums on Microsoft Support?

Posted 1 year ago

Brithfd

microsoft site here's the thread on microsofts site.

Posted 1 year ago

warlock
warlock

@Scott, Got what your saying now, read your post wrong. My bad.

Posted 1 year ago

Straspey
Straspey

@liz2sweet

I was Just about to provide the same link as Brithfd, above.

I began by searching for "pleaes remove all ity.im ads from your website" - and then changed the search a few times - eventually to something like "ity.im.ads virus" and followed a few links until I eventually found the Microsoft link.

I have a feeling that simply running MBAM or SAS will completely solve the issue - and you may need help from one of the experts at Bleeping.

But Please Please PLEEEZE -- Once you do find the answer and the resolution - please do come back here and give us all an update. Your experience could prove to be of invaluable assistance to the next person who finds themselves in the same situation.

Thanks and good luck.

Posted 1 year ago

liz2sweet

Oh, don't worry. I will let everyone know when my issue is resolved and how it was done. Currently running SAS. If the popup continues, I will run a full scan of MBAM. Updates to follow :) Thank you guys for your suggestions.

Posted 1 year ago

Scott
Scott

Removing Solved status until OP is satisfied her issue has been fixed. Good luck liz2.

Posted 1 year ago

liz2sweet

Thank you Scott. I wasn't aware that I did that.

Posted 1 year ago

callumo

I think this is an explorer.exe virus, not sure how I have managed to get it myself as I have an activated Norton Internet Security running all the time, plus windows defender, plus windows firewall.

I have done a full scan through Norton, Malwarebytes, Spybot S&D in and out of safe mode and none can find anything! There have been times where I have started up my computer and the pop up hasn't shown up at all, computers been running fast, no problems. However the times when I do start up my computer and the pop up "pleaes remove all ity.im ads from your website" does show, my explorer.exe starts taking up a huge amount of memory and my computer starts to run much slower than usual.

This started happening about 3, maybe 4 days ago, right after I installed quite a lot of windows updates.

I have also noticed, the more I close this pop up the more memory my explorer.exe takes up! I tested it out and it went from 300,000K all the way up to 1,700,000K until I stopped closing them.

Posted 1 year ago

Xhi
Xhi

How about doing a System Restore to "3 to maybe 4 days ago" and then do the updates more slowly to see if a problem is found. Also try running IE without add-ons to see if it is an errant add-on causing the problem. Programs->Accessories->System tools-> Internet Eplorer (No Add-ons)

Posted 1 year ago

marcelbrown

I've started a blog post to gather information on this particular malware. There does not appear to be much information about it at this time.

Anyone that finds anything out, please let me know.

Thanks!

Edit by mod. Self promotion is not allowed.

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:

Go check your email!