The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Geek Stuff

Playing Music through USB Drive

(3 posts)
  • Started 4 years ago by jchills
  • Latest reply from Symantic
  • Topic Viewed 6251 times

jchills

I bought a new car. Has a USB port that you are able to play music through. My music library is on Itunes.
My questions are this. 1. Can you use any type of USB Drive. 2. How do I get Music from Itunes on to USB Drive. I tried a couple of songs and then tried it on a stero of mine with a USB port and it stated the No Audio was found.
Thanks!

Posted 4 years ago

PISCES

Hello jchills
First are the tunes you put on your USB in a folder, if so remove them from the folder (No Folder just the musick on your USB Stick. I had the same problem it seems if the tunes are in a folder they won't play (at least in my case). I have no problem playing the tunes now from USB Stick in my car radio. I just had to buy a USB adapter to fit the smaller connection on the radio. I hope this solves your issue.
PISCES

Posted 4 years ago

Symantic

itunes/ipods have a different format than mp3's. i bet on the box it says usb mp3 player meaning it needs that format.

i would be suprised if you had song.mp3 in the root dir of the usb and it didnt play, or i would return it.

try removing everything from the usb, put on song.mp3 and go for a drive (after you got it working)

Posted 4 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.