SEARCH

The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

(Solved) - Pinning Programs to Task Bar.

(5 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by LEECAD
  • Latest reply from LEECAD
  • Topic Viewed 347 times

LEECAD

I was wondering if pinning programs to the task bar really does anything to the performance of the computer. Such as speed or anything else. RIght now I have anywhere from 14 to 16 or so pinned. To me it is easier and it helps me keep track what I have opened and running. I know that sounds weird, but that's just me.

I have not noticed anything speed wise or performance or anything else, but I wanted to know from people who know more than me. I was wondering if it does anything else to the internal part or something strange like that.

Posted 1 year ago

kingamongthepigs

Basically they're just shortcuts so there shouldn't be that much impact on system performance. The history for each pinned program can be a little bit disturbing though.

Posted 1 year ago

raphoenix
raphoenix

I have the total bar filled up with pinned items.

The pinned items are only shortcuts so unless the real programs are running, the pinned shortcuts have no effect on the machine. With that being said, run the machine in Classic Mode and there won't be any history to be seen.

Posted 1 year ago

Xhi
Xhi

It is simply a convenience and does not effect speed other than your speed of accessing it. I like my favorites and most used programs to be on the task bar myself.

Posted 1 year ago

LEECAD

Thanks Yall for the replies. I really appreciate it and it helps me alot.

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!