The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

Pictures Lost In Work Group Win7/Mac issue

(3 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by Commonriddles21
  • Latest reply from Commonriddles21
  • Topic Viewed 282 times

Commonriddles21

OK need some advice on this, With in the last couple of days i been trying to transfer files via work group between Windows 7 and Mac. Now I figured out the problem, and was able to share the Picture Files between Windows 7 and Mac. I was able to access and view the pictures. With in the last couple of hours my client hasn't be able to view or see the pictures and when i go to see if their on the computer with windows 7. The Folders that the pictures was in is still their but the picture are not. I try to do a perviouse version of the folder that the pictures was in. Got an error saying that windows cant find .host folder. Thought they could of been deleted but if so the folders that they was in should of been deleted. I am still researching a solution. Please if you have experinace this or have some insight please reply back

Posted 1 year ago

warlock

http://macs.about.com/od/files.....eopard.htm Maybe some help here while waiting for someone with knowledge of your problem.

http://windows.microsoft.com/i.....-or-folder Or maybe here.

Posted 1 year ago

Commonriddles21

Hey thanks for the solution, but its not a problem with sharing the folder. I think the client try to drag and copy the folder from window 7 to mac, and it was about 90 gigs of data. The client said that they left the computer to finish the process over night. As I came in the Mac computer was off. Now the Problem is that the folders that the pictures was in is still their, but the picture are not. Now I seen this happen with a flash drive where someone just pulled it out of the computer with out ejecting it. But the solution to that was just go back to the computer you got the data from. In this case i am thinking that happen with in the workgroup but both computers dont have the pictures just empty folders.I try to do a restore point, lol no luck, did a pervious version of the folder, got an error once saying that windows 7 cant find .host folder. and i cant do a recovery because the client never backed up their data, but i knew i should of did one before transferring their data via work group.

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.