The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows XP

Picture Issues

(8 posts)
  • Started 6 years ago by rpeters1428
  • Latest reply from rpeters1428
  • Topic Viewed 1185 times

rpeters1428

My parents have a Dell laptop and they are having issues with images in Internet Explorer 7 (I think). They have a NVIDIA GeForce Go 7800 256 MB graphics card, but I don't think it is the problem because inside of Firefox, pictures and images are crisp as could be. Inside of IE7, images are blocky and not smooth. You can see the images, but they look really bad. It's hard to describe what they look like, but I hope that's good enough. I don't know how to change settings for NVIDIA card software because I have an ATI graphics card. The resolution they are using right now is 1440x900 and the highest they can use is 1920x1200. I'm not sure what else I can give you, it's Windows XP Pro and the choppy images in IE7 came when they bought the computer. Again, Firefox and their pictures are fine and smooth, but IE is the opposite and I don't know how it can happen.
Thank you,
Ryan

Posted 6 years ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

Are images photos, films,animations?

Posted 6 years ago

jd2066
jd2066

You should make the zoom level in the bottom right hand corner of Internet Explorer 7 is set to 100%.

Posted 6 years ago

rpeters1428

Didn't think of it jd2066, I will check it out tonight and reply if it worked or not. With Lighthouse, I only checked images/photos, didn't check animations or movies yet.

Posted 6 years ago

rpeters1428

The zoom level is at 100% and was not changed from there. That did not fix it yet. Anymore thoughts?
Thank you,
Ryan

Posted 6 years ago

jd2066
jd2066

You can try the instructions at http://www.zieak.com/2007/01/1.....ges-in-xp/ (Found from Google search)

Posted 6 years ago

rpeters1428

Thanks, I will try it tomorrow...sounds like it will fix it.

Posted 6 years ago

rpeters1428

Just tried it jd2066 and it worked perfectly. Thank you very much!
Ryan

Posted 6 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.