The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows XP

Photos

(4 posts)
  • Started 7 years ago by Storm
  • Latest reply from taybay
  • Topic Viewed 1100 times

Storm

HI, first post. I am not very good with computers other than operating the program properly. I have a number of photos about 400, which I would like to send to a relative. What is the best way to do this? I tried to send as one file and it would not go. I tried breaking it into 4 folders and send each one on its own about 100 photos in each file. This still did not work. Any suggestions? Thanks, Norm

Posted 7 years ago

mysticgeek

You're going to need to send them to a compressed folder before emailing. Also, the size of the attachment needs to be smaller than 10MB usually. So, depending on the size of the pictures you want to send will determine what action to take.

If you right click on the photo icon and select "properties" you can see what size they are.

What type of error messages are you getting? Also you can use a service such as http://www.yousendit.com

I suppose you could just burn them to a CD and snail mail it ... but that isn't geeky enough ...

If you need additional help with doing this feel free to ask!

Posted 7 years ago

lkphoto

Also you could upload to a photo sharing website but might take a while.
Personally, I would post on a CD-R or DVD-R. This would allow your relative to have the large files for printing, be able to view them on computer or DVD player.

Posted 7 years ago

taybay

I would suggest posting them on www.flickr.com

Posted 7 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.