The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Geek Stuff

Photobucket

(9 posts)
  • Started 2 years ago by Lighthouse
  • Latest reply from LadyFitzgerald
  • Topic Viewed 339 times

Lighthouse

Anyone having problems with getting it to load ?

Posted 2 years ago

vistamike

Was having too much trouble with Photobucket since the interface changed, also with resizing.
Scott put me onto this instead; http://rightload.org/

Posted 2 years ago

Lighthouse

Yes I know, you told me. I just want to get on to grab an image.

Posted 2 years ago

LadyFitzgerald

I hadn't used Photobucket in years until yesterday. Once I remembered my user name and password, I got in but couldn't upload a couple of pictures until I celected to go back to the old interface. It could be the changes are causing some, hopefully temporary, glitches.

Posted 2 years ago

Lighthouse

Don't think it's that. I can't even get the site to load. And my net speed is ok today.

Posted 2 years ago

LadyFitzgerald

Interesting. I just now tried getting on and, other than the b*****ds trying to put a dozen cookies on my computer, I had no problems getting on.

Btw, I do know how to spel (sic) selected.

Posted 2 years ago

vistamike

I use this; http://www.ghostery.com/

Posted 2 years ago

Lighthouse

So do I.

Posted 2 years ago

LadyFitzgerald

The b*****ds get only one crack at trying to put a cookie on my computer; when they try, IE pops up a notification. Unless it's a cookie I need, it gets permanently blocked and I don't get bothered by it anymore. Eventually, I get very few notifications unless I go to a fairly new site. IE does a good job of blocking all but supercookies. SAS catches one or two of them when I run my weekly scan. Even though SAS says they aren't dangerous, I dump them anyway. If the same site keeps putting supercookies on my computer, I just eschew it. IMDB is the worst site for that and if it's the only one that can give me info I need, I just run a quick one day scan in SAS to get rid of the inevitable supercookie after I'm through.

I just now went back to Photobucket, had no trouble getting on, and didn't get any cookie notices.

Posted 2 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.