The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Tutorials

Personal Folder in Outlook 2007

(2 posts)
  • Started 4 years ago by blpettus
  • Latest reply from Santo
  • Topic Viewed 1843 times

blpettus

I don't understand Outlook Today and Personal Folders. I have many subfolders, by default, under Personal Folder but none of my emails will go to the subfolders, i.e. inbox, junk, delete, save. When I look at my Outlook Today Page, there are a lot of categories but nothing in them.

Does my personal folder (.pst folder) have a separate email address? I hope someone can help me with this because I have been trying to solve this problem for over a year and it is very frustrating to search and search and not find an answer.

If nothing goes to this folder, why is it necessary?

Thanks,
Gullah Betty

Posted 4 years ago

Santo
Santo

.pst does not have any separate email address. The personal folder will have these folders by default and it is up to you to decide if you want to move any of your mails to these folders. You can also create separate folders of your choice inside the Personal Folder and drag your mails into these folders or you can create separate rule to move specific mail to any of your folders inside the Personal Folder.

When you delete an email that is stored in the Personal folder it goes to the "Delete folder" within the Personal folder.

Posted 4 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.