The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows Vista

pc to tv no sound

(8 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by fixit1998
  • Latest reply from Xhi
  • Topic Viewed 720 times

fixit1998

i have an Acer AX1700-U3700A with windows vista and sony bravia Tv, connect hdmi from pc to tv, no sound but picture. when i checked the audio output on pc, i don't see the hdmi option. do anybody have this kind of problem or anybody can help please. thanks.

Posted 1 year ago

ronniesonora

fixit1998, try right-click the volume control icon on the bottom taskbar and click on "Playback Devices" to open the pop-up window for sound options. In the "Playback" tab, select "Digital Output Device" or "HDMI" as the default device, click "Set Default" and click "OK" to save the changes.

Posted 1 year ago

fixit1998

i still don't get the sound after setting the "realtek digital output" as default. any suggestion.

Posted 1 year ago

fixit1998

When i try with my laptop with window 7 and hdmi it works. On the "playback devices" it showed "sony tv xd'. this shows that the driver is outdated. anybody know can help me with what driver to use. thanks.

Posted 1 year ago

Xhi
Xhi

Get the latest drivers from the computer manufacturers web site.

It is also a possibility that the computer which does not work does not have the capability to do what you want. Some do not pass sound through the HDMI.

Posted 1 year ago

fixit1998

Xhi, thanks for your response but the desktop come with hdmi, it should be capable of function as intended. do you know what driver i should be updating?
thanks.

Posted 1 year ago

vistamike
vistamike

Do you have a proper HDMI cable?

HDMI does carry sound: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HDMI

Posted 1 year ago

Xhi
Xhi

Update both the video and sound drivers. But, just because it came with the computer does not mean that the sound and video are compatible.

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.