The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Geek Stuff

PC identity code

(4 posts)
  • Started 6 years ago by ben
  • Latest reply from Scott
  • Topic Viewed 2104 times

ben

Hi I read somewhere recently that each home pc has a unique code that identifies itself to
websites. I read that this can be changed quite easily. My problem is that I downloaded an online scrabble programme called Wordbiz. I now wish to uninstall this programme and reinstall it with new user details. When I do this it informs me that I am already registered. I Do recall after my pc crashed I was able to register again as my PCs memory had been wiped.can anyone advise how I can change my PC number
Thanks
Ben

Posted 6 years ago

Scott

Ben, it's possible you're being 'identified' by your I.P. Address.
Try downloading Revo Uninstaller, www.revounistaller.com , and deleting the program and various fragments left behind. There are quite possibly registry entries still on your PC that identifies you to Wordbiz as well.

Posted 6 years ago

ben

thnx for that however after running Revo Uninstaller removing all traces of wordbiz i reinstalled programme but it still blocked me from re registering! blast! can I delete registry entries too?

Posted 6 years ago

Scott

Before you start messing with your registry, you may just want to send an email to Support explaining your predicament. A whole lot less anxiety involved.

http://www.isc.ro/en/help/contact.html

Posted 6 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.