PC build for Gaming, need help

(11 posts)
  • Started 5 years ago by mickeyblue
  • Latest reply from mickeyblue
  • Topic Viewed 1019 times

mickeyblue
mickeyblue

Hi all,

i want to build a decent gaming PC on a specific budget, im living in China so some of the good stuff is really cheap.

my idea of a PC on a budget, bearing in mind i dont overclock PCS cause i dont know how, and dont want to try cause ill probably fry it or something.

Intel Core 2 duo E7300 2.6ghz (is the core 2 duo E6600 better) ???????
Gigabyte EP43-DS3l motherboard
4gig corsair DDR2
Geforce 9800GT
300G hard drive
Pioneer DVD/RW
500W power supply

my question is........ is this a good gaming PC?
in China i can get this all for 4500 which in dollars is $642, which i understand to be very little.
Do you think ill be able to run high end games on the PC or will i need better goodies? also is the gigabyte motherboard i chose any good?

your expert opinion is greatly appreciated

thanks

Posted 5 years ago

Budohorseman
Budohorseman

All in all, it's not too bad of a system for gaming. However motherboards that are more focused on gaming will have two PCIe slots so you can use SLI or CrossFire. If you want high framerates on a lager monitor at high resolution you may want to take that into consideration.

Posted 5 years ago

raphoenix
raphoenix

mickeyblue,
I will not give links as I'm not sure if they will get through but suggest:
Intel i7 Core Processor.
Asus or Gigabyte 1366, X58 compatible motherboard.
(4) 500 Gig Western Digital HDs with 32 Meg cache.
4 Gigs of Fast Brand Name DDR3 memory compatible with motherboard. Your Choice
Antec or Corsair 1000-650 Watt (80) rated PFC power supply.
Antec Full Tower Case.
You can figure the rest out from here..............
Regards,
Rick P.

Posted 5 years ago

SSSammy

whats your budget, the most you're willing to spend? in american dollars, give us a ballpark sum and then we can help u out with what u can improve on

Posted 5 years ago

SSSammy

also whats the speed of the memory u chose?

Posted 5 years ago

mickeyblue
mickeyblue

hey,

thanks for all the replies. ive just been to the computer market in round the corner form where i live in China and here is what im going to get.

Intel 2.6 E7300
MSI P45 MS7514 motherboard the specs look pretty good on this one, and i got it for a bargain.
Geforce 9800GT
4gb of corsair RAM speed is i think 1024m or something like that, what is a good all round RAM speed as in not too clued up on it.
450W power supply
Cooling fan and heat sink (large very large)
and the other goodies as per normal

all in all the system comes to $600, which is about the amount i can spend on a teachers budget?
what do you rekon? in time ill upgrade the motherboard and CPU to DDR3 and the i7 but for now this system will kick my laptops bum bum!!!!

let me know, thanks for the help

Posted 5 years ago

mickeyblue
mickeyblue

oh i forgot,

if anyone can help me get rid of the RUN DLL error i have on my laptop, its rather annoying, i started a thread a while ago and got advice but it didnt manage to solve the problem, the error is a RUN DLL error loading "windau32.rom" im running VISTA extreme on my laptop.

thanks any input is always appreciated, you guys rock!!!!

Posted 5 years ago

Aleeve
Aleeve

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto.....t-running/

That may help with the RUN DLL error
What is the actual error message though? Is it causing any problems?

Posted 5 years ago

SSSammy

just a few things on your choice of components, you mentioned before that you dont overclock your pcs, if you still dont plan to, then theres no need for a 3rd-party cpu fan/heatsink the stock cooler that comes with the cpu should be just fine.

i would also suggest shelling out a few more bucks for another videocard. the 9800gt isnt bad but with new game engines and games like crysis setting the standards for the next generation of games the 9800gt wont last much longer. I would suggest the 9800gtx+ which is a level between the gtx260 and the 9800gt.

also keep in mind your mb is using a p45 chipset which i believe means you wont be able to upgrade your system with a second videocard to boost its power (a good cheap way to upgrade videocard power without having to buy a newer card more expensive) since you chose a nvidia videocard. i believe the p45 only supports crossfire (2 ati videocards)

Posted 5 years ago

mickeyblue
mickeyblue

Hey,

Thanks again for the help, it makes sense what you saying about the dual video cards, what motherboard would you recommend for SLI as i prefer nvidia, 2 are always better than one right? makes sense........ you have a point, and so if i go for SLI what cards should i get? would i also need to upgrade the power supply? thanks for the help sssammy.

To aleeve when i start up the laptop the first thing it does once its loaded the sidebar and all other things is bring up the error screen saying RUN DLL error, error when loading "windau32.rom" thats all it says, there has not been any performance issues or fatal errors, but sometimes the pc does turn off unexpectedly in the middle of the night and thats annoying as my torrent downloads all stop, so it mainly just annoying.

thanks

Posted 5 years ago

mickeyblue
mickeyblue

ive done some re-budgeting and this is the rig ill buy, please tell me if its wort while.

Intel core 2 duo 2.6Ghz E8200 (will upgrade to core 2 quad extreme later or i7)
Asus P5 deluxe Wifi mboard or gigabyte GAEP45-DS4 (but ive heard some reliability issues about it)
4Gb CORSAIR RAM
Geforce 9800Gt
500W power supply
and all the other goodies

in total it comes to RMB4900 which in dollars is $720
sound like a good deal? please let me know, thanks

Posted 5 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:

Go check your email!