• Started 1 year ago by Scott
  • Latest reply from LadyFitzgerald
  • Topic Viewed 331 times

Scott
Scott

Posted 1 year ago

warlock
warlock

@Scott, thanks for the reminder. Just checked 14 here.

Edit: will wait till Saturday till install.

Posted 1 year ago

ReadandShare

Always wondered about the priority of automatic downloads. Who gets them first? Mine seem to be one day -- sometimes two days behind. OTOH, clicking 'manual update' on Patch Tuesday's, those updates are always available for download right then and there.

Posted 1 year ago

LadyFitzgerald

I never get mine until Wednesday on my notebook but that's because it's set to download at 3 AM when I busy sawing logs. I could change the setting but I don't install until Friday or Saturday so why bother?

Posted 1 year ago

vistual
vistual

been nagged for weeks about the last round and i waited all this time to FINALLY do the housekeeping that i do (junk removal / cleaning / imaging / app updating) before i run updates and now another round ....
no lie! i just did this this week. LOL!

oh well, no housekeeping, cleaning, app updating to do i guess. just another image. maybe ill do it tomorrow! LOL!!

Posted 1 year ago

Hermitt
Hermitt

I just finished installing 12 updates.

Jim

Posted 1 year ago

raphoenix
raphoenix

NO Service Pack 2 for Windows 7

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2.....ows_7_sp2/

Posted 1 year ago

Hermitt
Hermitt

That's one way to force an increase in the sale of Windows 8.

Jim

Posted 1 year ago

LadyFitzgerald

Don't count on it. Some of us don't like to be manipulated. If I sense someone is trying to manipulate me, I dig in my heels that much harder or just walk. Besides, one could make their own "SP2" by doing a clean install of Win 7 and all of of the updates, then take an image or two of it. After that, if one needs a clean install, just install the image and go from there. If the image is made with Macrium Reflect's Pro version, the image could even be used on different hardware since it will update the drivers for you (or so it says in the fine print).

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.