How-To Geek Forums / Windows 7

(Solved) - Partition Magic 8 installed in Windows 7

(5 posts)
  • Started 4 years ago by evievebordon
  • Latest reply from evievebordon
  • Topic Viewed 1062 times

evievebordon

Hello everyone,

I badly need all of your help. I installed partition magic 8 in my windows 7 and it suddenly corrupts and I cannot enter to Windows anymore. I then researched about it and found out that it is a no-no to install PM8 to windows 7. And now, I am trying to reformat but my drive c only sees the recovery drive which is 15gb. I have a 250gb. Please help me fix this. Please please.

Thank you so much.

Posted 4 years ago

Santo
Santo

How can your computers drive C see only the recovery drive? If you are able to boot into your computer, right click on the "Computer" > Manager > Disk Management and check the status of the hard drive partitions there.

If you a branded computer like HP or Dell then you can use its recovery discs to recover your computer. But if it is not then use the installation disc.

Posted 4 years ago

evievebordon

No, I cannot boot my computer anymore. I'm using another laptop to research on how I can fix the problem. I don't have any idea why it sees drive c recovery drive only. My laptop is dell and I tried to reinstall already but the only drive that my computer sees is only the recovery drive which is 15gb. I want my 250gb back. :( Where or how can I do it? Please help. Thank you!

Posted 4 years ago

Santo
Santo

Check in BIOS for the hard drive capacity. If it shows the correct size then remove the hard drive and connect it to another computer and format it. Hope this should work. If I find any better answer I will post back.

Posted 4 years ago

evievebordon

This was already solved. I installed windows 7 in the recovery drive that has 15gb then I checked the disk management and there I found the rest of my hard drives. Thank God!

Posted 4 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:

Go check your email!