SEARCH

The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows Vista

(Solved) - Page Fault In Non Paged Area... Please Help.

(24 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by Lisha07
  • Latest reply from Lisha07
  • Topic Viewed 17813 times

Ruja

Then I recommend resintalling from USB. Download the three files I told you. Place everything inside a folder and run the EXE, it will extract all the needed files to install. You can use the first program here to create the bootable USB. Remember to follow the instructions to install a non-Ultimate version if needed.

Once you get to the install process, select a custom install (not upgrade). Then you will get to the partitioning screen.
http://pcsupport.about.com/od/.....t-1_10.htm

I recommend doing like in this tutorial (for Windows 7). Delete all your partitions (including any strange HP_TOOLS or recovery partition), and once you have a single "Unallocated Space" label, install Windows Vista there. (This will create an additional partition to enable a "System Repair" option on the F8 boot menu.)

If you have any doubts, ask us.

Posted 1 year ago

Lisha07
Lisha07

Hi Ruja. Good News! I am now communicating through my laptop! Before I saw your last post above I decided to try recovery again. This time it worked! It was much faster this time than the last time. I may still create a bootable USB to have for the future since my CD/DVD isn't working. That will actually be my next task, trying to fix the CD/DVD that suddenly just stopped working on me (shortly after I downloaded itunes via my iphone) AND trying to figure out whether I have a bad battery or just need to purchase another adapter so my laptop will charge and not have to stay plugged in all the time. I can't risk having another power outage and this happening to my laptop again. I'm nervous being on it now. Maybe I should create another forum for my other issues because you guys were so helpful.

I do have one other question... how do I put everything that I backed up back on my computer. Recovery actually gave me the option to back up everything on my laptop before recovery started, I figured why not just for the heck of it, and backup was successful. I see a file on the USB that I used for the backup that says BOOTEX... I am assuming I just open this?

I want to thank each and everyone of you again for all your help. I would still be stuck without your help, suggestions, and advice. Thank You!

Accepted Answer · Posted 1 year ago

Ruja

Good news indeed! Congratulations! Good point using recovery again, it is much easier than my approach. I will remember that for other cases.

Since firstly you backed up your files with the USB method I posted, and (I assume) you now have them in an external drive or whatever, I would just copy them manually from there to your PC again. I don't know how this automatic backup you speak of actually works.

I'm glad I could help you, thanks for reporting back, and come back if you have any other problems. I recommend creating separate new threads for your other problems, so more people will see them.

Posted 1 year ago

Lisha07
Lisha07

Thank you Ruja! Thank you once again for your help and advice. I will use the backup from the first method you suggested, seems much easier ;)

Thanks everyone!

Posted 1 year ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.