Overall Opinions!

(41 posts)
  • Started 5 years ago by Aleeve
  • Latest reply from Aleeve
  • Topic Viewed 4800 times

Aleeve
Aleeve

How do you guys find Office 07?
I personally really like it, especially the new word art, and e=also, excel, well - excels!

haha

although i was disappointed by publisher - nothing much has changed and it could be really good with the new layout!

Posted 5 years ago

thegeek
The Geek

I'm a huge fan of Office 2007... much improved over the prior versions. Once you get used to the ribbon, it just makes sense.

Having the ToDo bar in outlook is also extremely useful, especially for those of us that wouldn't check our calendar otherwise :-)

Posted 5 years ago

Aleeve
Aleeve

Yeah I agree Geek, although I don't use Outlook so I wouldn't know!

Posted 5 years ago

thegeek
The Geek

I only use outlook for work email... I use PocoMail for my personal mail client. Nobody's ever heard of it, but it works quite well.

Posted 5 years ago

Aleeve
Aleeve

Oh right
I use Windows Live Mail (the standalone version that is pretty much Windows Mail, only for hotmail)
is there anyway to uninstall Windows Mail, as it is pretty useless what with me having Windows Live Mail

Posted 5 years ago

thegeek
The Geek

Windows Live Mail is pretty good... there's no way to uninstall Windows Mail, unfortunately.

Posted 5 years ago

Aleeve
Aleeve

Yes I agree, and damn!

Posted 5 years ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

why would you want to uninstall Windows Mail?

Posted 5 years ago

Aleeve
Aleeve

read up Lighthouse - all shall be explained! =]
basically I have Windows Live Mail so Windows Mail as well is pointless

Posted 5 years ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

Exactly. But would you throw out that old book that is keeping your table leg steady?

Posted 5 years ago

jack7h3r1pp3r
jack7h3r1pp3r

yes i would ;)

Posted 5 years ago

Aleeve
Aleeve

hows it keeping my table leg steady - its useless - i have something just the same that works with my email account, so i don't need my 'old book'

Posted 5 years ago

Lighthouse
Lighthouse

Yes you can remove it (with difficulty). But you will probably have a problem with Vista Updates afterwards.

Posted 5 years ago

Aleeve
Aleeve

ah ok
dot worry then
its not that much of a big deal

Posted 5 years ago

whs
whs

Aleeve, back to your original question - I use Office 2007 for the obvious office type work but then also mainly for picture processing. The Office Picture Manager can deal much better with PNG and Tiff formats than the Photo Gallery. Also - WORD is great for making e.g. picture albums. It has a lot of fancy functions (colors, 3D's, etc.). And if you are into slide shows, try POWER POINT. Great tool. And for getting some organization into your data, ONE NOTE is hard to beat. So all in all, Office 2007 is worth it's money ($105 for Home and Student is the cheapest offering I found).

Posted 5 years ago

Aleeve
Aleeve

whs - you're back!
Yeah I love Office - powerpoint is brilliant!
I got mine legally for £50 - student based!

Posted 5 years ago

InDiSent
InDiSent

I just downgraded back to office 2003 Pro. I was using Office 2007 Pro. The reason i downgraded was that Outlook was way to slooow. It would take forever when i clicked on an email message to open the message. Sometimes outlook would even stop responding for a mintue. I used to use Thunderbird for my email and i love it. However, it does not sync with my BB so i had to use Outlook for work and play. All in all, the rest of Office 2007 was good and i liked it. I even liked the new ribbon. If Outlook was not so slow i would have stuck with Office 2007. I will probably try it again when i build my newer faster pc.

Posted 5 years ago

Scott
Scott

InDiSent, have you by chance run scanpst.exe to check for errors?
Do you still have access to Outlook 07 for testing?

Posted 5 years ago

LukeTurnbull
LukeTurnbull

The Only Thing I Dont Like About Office 2007 Is The File Formats Sometimes I forget To Save My Documents In The Word 2000 Format And Thus Try To Open My Files At Work And I Get A Big Fat No No.

But Yeah I Think it Is Quite Good To Be Honest I Didn't Get The Version With Outlook I'm Afraid So I Can't Comment On That But Apprently It's Much Easier To Use Than The 2003 Version.

Posted 5 years ago

InDiSent
InDiSent

@Scott - Yes, i still have it. I'll give it another try when i build my new PC this summer (i hope - wife keeps spending all my money).

Posted 5 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!