The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows XP

outlook signature text issues

(5 posts)
  • Started 6 years ago by jbeech
  • Latest reply from bamsan
  • Topic Viewed 5704 times

jbeech

I have created a signature for outlook which contains justified text. I have had success emailing the signature from and to my own computer but when i email other computers, the text becomes unjustified and changes spacing and such. I have 3-4 different types of fonts used in the signature of which i have manipulated the spacing to attain the look that i have in mind.

what i have tried:
first- i attempted placing the text directly in the body of the email, no luck.

second- i went to tools/options/mail format/signatures and created a signature and manipulated it there, because the text that appears in the preview window of the 'create signatures' dialog box i had a fun (scarcasm) time playing with it to get it to align properly in an email. Though it would only work on my machine, any other machine it would look different.

third- went through the tools options mail format/signatures/edit/advanced edit which opened the signature in Word. So i created a table and put the text within the table (removing the borders so that they wouldn't read) and went back through the process of getting it to line up. The issues that I'm having are numerous, one of the most interesting is that if i send an email to myself that the text goes out looking one way, but as it returns the texts are off. another of them is that if i send an email to a laptop with outlook 07 the text boxes appear, though they do not on my own station, and the texts are unjustified.

is there a way that i can make a signature that will remain the same if i send it to any email account? that is without pasting in an image?

Posted 6 years ago

jbeech

so as to continue with the saga of wrestling with outlook i have gone through another trial; i downloaded something called 'outlook bells and whistles' and within that have created what is called a "template." The font options are a little more limited than through the main interface, for instance i cannot change the text spacing or utilize half sized fonts, but it seems to work a little better, though there are still issues with the overall spacing from one computer to antoher.

I think that it has something to do with the versions of outlook, though it could have something to do with the fact that I have the most issues when i email from a desktop with a standard viewing window to a laptop with a widescreen window. Though i don't see why this is such a big deal aside from my own retarded-ness.

Posted 6 years ago

mwaters

i'm having the same problem and it's driving me crazy.

Posted 6 years ago

Scott
Scott

Can this help?

http://www.microsoft.com/techn.....iptingGuy/

Posted 6 years ago

bamsan
bamsan

Can I suggest you to put signatures inside a .jpg file?

Posted 6 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:

Go check your email!