The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Microsoft Office

Outlook NormalEmail.dotm Error

(6 posts)
  • Started 5 years ago by CougarMagnum
  • Latest reply from raphoenix
  • Topic Viewed 26349 times

CougarMagnum

I've been doing a rollout of Microsoft Office 2007 for a client over the last couple of weeks. I'm at about the halfway point and now this issue has arisen.

When some of the users attempt to close Outlook they receive a dialog box which states: NormalEmail.dotm was being edited by another Word session. If you save this document with the orginal name, you will overwrite any changes made in the other session. Do you want to save the document using the original name anyway? Yes-No-Cancel - They have been selecting "No" and after they do this they are presented with another message stating: Outlook has insufficient memory. Do you want to save NormalEmail.dotm as Rescued template? Again they say no. (I have not been able to be present at the time of these errors yet.) What are the reprecussions of choosing yes going to be (if any)?

Posted 5 years ago

thegeek
The Geek

That doesn't make a whole lot of sense... are you using outlook in a shared environment like citrix?

Posted 5 years ago

CougarMagnum

No, these are all XP Pro machines in a domain, (the Office software is installed on the local machine.)

Posted 5 years ago

CougarMagnum

so..... no one has anything? This is still an issue for me and I cannot seem to find anything on it.

Posted 5 years ago

CougarMagnum

I was finally able to be onsite when this error occurred and simply said "yes" instead of "no" and this seems to solve the problem. You're right Geek, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense and I still don't understand why it was happening, but this seems to fix the issue and do away with the message.

Thanks

Posted 5 years ago

raphoenix
raphoenix

CougarMagnum,
If one searches Google for the term ( NormalEmail.dotm ), pages and pages of results will be found concerning this subject.
Appears there is much discussion and questions concerning the issue.
Kindest Regards,
Rick P. ♥ :)

Posted 5 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Get Free Articles in Your Inbox!

Join 134,000 newsletter readers

Email:

Go check your email!