The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Microsoft Office

Outlook AutoArchive runs, but does nothing

(1 post)
  • Started 7 years ago by hvanston
  • Topic Viewed 2157 times

PARTNER SPOTLIGHT

Recommended: Clean Your Mac the Easy Way with CleanMyMac 3

If you want to clean up your Mac the easy way, CleanMyMac is a great tool to get the job done easily, and it will even keep your computer clean automatically.

Unlike the competition, it also includes great tools like a Clean Uninstaller, to get rid of applications and clean up the junk that they leave behind. All with the click of a button.

Download CleanMyMac 3 for Free Today

Posted yesterday 
hvanston

Using Windows Vista Ultimate, Office 2007 on a Lenovo x61 Tablet. Setup Tools>Options>AutoArchive with the first two boxes checked (run every 7 days & prompt). Went to individual folders (sent, junk, deleted, tasks & calendar) RClick>Properties>AutoArchive & set options (permenantly delete after x time or move to named archive .pst folder, i.e. sent07.pst, calendararchive.pst, etc.). AutoArchive prompts to run, I say yes & 2 seconds later it is done. Nothing is moved or deleted. Any ideas?

When I moved my data to the current computer from XP/Office 2003, I created a new .pst and then copied the contents of the various folders from the 03 PST to the 07 PST. Thought that would prevent any compatibility problems.

Thanks in advance,
Henry

Posted 7 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.