Outlook asking for password

(13 posts)
  • Started 5 years ago by InDiSent
  • Latest reply from InDiSent
  • Topic Viewed 10044 times

InDiSent
InDiSent

Hey guys,

I'm having a problem with both Outlook 2003 on my pc and Outlook 2007 on my wife's pc. The problem started after a brief internet outage for a few minutes. Outlook keeps asking for our passwords. I had them setup to remember the passwords and the box is still checked. The password box pops up with the password already in the box, i just have to click ok and everything is fine. The problem is that it pops up very often. I did a little research and found this on MS website :
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290684

I tried all three of the fixes and i still have the same problem. Anyone have any ideas?

Posted 5 years ago

InDiSent
InDiSent

anyone?

Posted 5 years ago

Scott
Scott

Have you tried running scanpst.exe?

Posted 5 years ago

InDiSent
InDiSent

Yeah, i tried that too. Nothing seems to fix it and i don't wanna re-install Outlook.

Posted 5 years ago

Scott
Scott

OK, just guessing here
Help>Run Office Diagnostics?

I'll keep on looking :|

Posted 5 years ago

Scott
Scott

Do you use Outlook to access more than one email address?
I sometimes have the same issue with my Gmail account(not my primary) that I access through Outlook.
It's random however and does not appear daily.

http://email.about.com/od/outl.....er_pwd.htm
http://techrepublic.com.com/52.....ID=2640375

Posted 5 years ago

InDiSent
InDiSent

Hmmm, it might be a gmail thing. I'v etried all of the other "fixes" before. I also use it to check a hotmail account. I'm going ot pay attention and see if it's only the gmail accounts that it does that for. It's weird though, cause it never did that until we had a brief internet outage.

Posted 5 years ago

Scott
Scott

My issue started after we dropped Verizon DSL service and switched to, um, gulp, Comcast.

Posted 5 years ago

InDiSent
InDiSent

Yikes.....i feel for you. LOL. No FIOS where you are?

Posted 5 years ago

Scott
Scott

I think the odds are better that the cows will rise up, bear arms and invade Quebec.

Posted 5 years ago

InDiSent
InDiSent

LOL..... i'd pay to see that.

Posted 5 years ago

Scott
Scott

It's kind of sad. Before I moved to East Bumfart, I was on one of the first Verizon DSL networks in Manahttan.
Of course there's a trade off involved. Now I can actually see the stars at night but constantly live in fear of those aforementioned cows.

Posted 5 years ago

InDiSent
InDiSent

AHA! So it is only the Gmail accounts. I've increased the server timeouts on my wife's outlook. Let' see if that works.

Posted 5 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

Enter Your Email Here to Get Access for Free:

Go check your email!