The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows XP

Outlook 2007- locks up, says its synchronizing folders

(2 posts)
  • Started 8 years ago by villaverla
  • Latest reply from Scott
  • Topic Viewed 23478 times

I recently installed Office 2007. I have 2 POP mail accounts. Several times a day I get an icon in my tray saying "Microsoft Office Outlook is synchronizing folders" and everything pretty much locks up. I lose use of Outlook for up to half an hour, along with pretty much any other program open at the time.

I thought maybe it was a memory issue, so I upped my memory from 512 to 1 gig. No difference.

I read on another site that this refers to the box that is checked on the properties box for each folder that says "Automatically generate Microsoft Exchange views", so I went through EVERY folder, including contacts, calendar, etc., and unclicked it. I don't have an Exchange server.

I did have Intuit QuickBooks Customer Manager installed, but hadn't used it in over a year, so I uninstalled it, thinking it may be what was being synchronized.

That didn't help either.

Any advice?

Posted 8 years ago

From what I've read this is most likely a .pst issue. You can run scanpst.exe and backup before repair (if there are errors).

There is another mention that you disable any addons and add them back one by one.

Posted 8 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.