The How-To Geek Forums Have Migrated to Discourse

How-To Geek Forums / Windows XP

Outlook 2007- locks up, says its synchronizing folders

(2 posts)
  • Started 7 years ago by villaverla
  • Latest reply from Scott
  • Topic Viewed 23478 times

villaverla

I recently installed Office 2007. I have 2 POP mail accounts. Several times a day I get an icon in my tray saying "Microsoft Office Outlook is synchronizing folders" and everything pretty much locks up. I lose use of Outlook for up to half an hour, along with pretty much any other program open at the time.

I thought maybe it was a memory issue, so I upped my memory from 512 to 1 gig. No difference.

I read on another site that this refers to the box that is checked on the properties box for each folder that says "Automatically generate Microsoft Exchange views", so I went through EVERY folder, including contacts, calendar, etc., and unclicked it. I don't have an Exchange server.

I did have Intuit QuickBooks Customer Manager installed, but hadn't used it in over a year, so I uninstalled it, thinking it may be what was being synchronized.

That didn't help either.

Any advice?

Posted 7 years ago

Scott

From what I've read this is most likely a .pst issue. You can run scanpst.exe and backup before repair (if there are errors).

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/197316

There is another mention that you disable any addons and add them back one by one.

Posted 7 years ago

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.